This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The latest edition of Pamela Farris's popular, value-priced text continues to offer pre- and in-service teachers creative strategies and proven techniques sensitive to the needs of all elementary and middle school learners. Coverage includes the C3 Framework and the four sets of learning from the National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies. Farris, together with contributors who specialize in implementing successful teaching methods and theories, demonstrate how classroom teachers can excite and inspire their students to be engaged learners.
Valuable features for pre- and in-service teachers include:
· Discussions clarify how the C3 Framework preparation for college, career, and civic life can be incorporated into the elementary and middle school curriculum.
· C3 Framework lessons highlight the four dimensions of social studies to illustrate the integration of inquiry skills with literacy and language arts skills.
· NCSS (2010) Standards-Linked Lesson Plans provide a springboard for putting theory into practice.
· Multifaceted activities emphasize problem-solving and decision-making skills while developing social studies concepts and guiding students to become engaged citizens.
· Creative concepts for teaching diverse learners level the educational playing field for both students and teachers.
· Myriad ideas for incorporating technology are infused throughout the text.
· Annotated listings of social studies related trade books provide enriching resources for use both inside and outside the classroom.
Not-for-sale instructor resource material available to college and university faculty only; contact publisher directly.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"This revised social studies textbook is a fantastic addition to the field. It encompasses everything pre- and in-service teachers need to know." --Christian Winterbottom, Ohio State University
"The text is well-organized, comprehensive, and easy to understand. It is especially valuable in its emphasis on the role and value of social studies within a diverse society." --John O Kane, Roberts Wesleyan College
"I like the breadth and depth of this book's approach. I particularly appreciate the multicultural focus throughout, the chapter on the arts, and the terrific resources both from content areas as well as children's literature. Bravo." --Jonathan Silverman, St. Michael's College
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Waveland Pr Inc, 2015. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1478622806
Book Description Waveland Pr Inc, 2015. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 7th edition. 649 pages. 9.00x7.00x1.25 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 1478622806
Book Description Waveland Pr Inc, 2015. Paperback. Condition: New. 7. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 1478622806n