This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Brian Cox and Robin Ince present a witty and irreverent look at the world according to science.
The Infinite Monkey Cage has become one of BBC Radio 4's most popular science-based programs. In each episode physicist Brian Cox and comedian Robin Ince delve into a particular field of science, with the help of guests from the worlds of academia and entertainment.
In these twenty-four episodes, the program looks at topics as diverse as oceans, science mavericks, parallel universes, science v. art, space exploration, brain science, creating life, the science of Christmas, behavior, space tourism, death, and risk.
Helping them to discover more are guests including Dave Gorman, Marcus Brigstocke, Ben Miller, Katy Brand, Professor Matthew Cobb, Simon Singh, Dr. Sue Black, Ed Byrne, Mark Gatiss, Steve Jones, Ross Noble Eric Idle, and Graeme Garden.
SERIES 6 produced by Alexandra Feacham
1. ''Oceans: The Last Great Unexplored Frontier?'' (6/18/2012) Featuring Dave Gorman, Lloyd Peck, and Bramley Murton
2. ''Science Mavericks'' (6/25/2012) Featuring Marcus Brigstocke, Dr. Kevin Fong, Aoife McLysaght, and Professor Barry Marshall
3. ''Does Size Matter?'' (7/2/2012) Featuring Andy Hamilton, Mark Miodownik, and Eleanor Stride
4. ''The Science of Symmetry'' (7/9/2012) Featuring Marcus Du Sautoy, Adam Rutherford, and Alan Moore
5. ''Parallel Universes'' (7/16/2012) Featuring John Lloyd, Professor Sir Martin Rees, and Dr. Lucie Green
6. ''Science v. Art'' (7/23/2012) Featuring Al Murray, Andrew Pontzen, Sara Pascoe, and Jonathan Butterworth
SERIES 7 produced by Alexandra Feacham
1. ''Space Exploration'' (11/19/2012) Featuring Patrick Stewart, Ben Miller, and Monica Grady
2. ''Improbable Science'' (11/26/2012) Featuring Marc Abrahams, Katy Brand, and Professor Matthew Cobb
3. ''Secret Science'' (12/3/2012) Featuring Dave Gorman, Simon Singh, and Dr. Sue Black
4. ''Brain Science'' (12/10/2012) Featuring Jo Brand, Sophie Scott, and Brian Butterworth
5. ''Creating Life'' (12/17/2012) Featuring Ed Byrne, Adam Rutherford, and Philip Ball
6. ''The Science of Christmas Behavior'' (12/24/2012) Featuring Mark Gatiss, Steve Jones, Richard Wiseman, and Victor Stock
SERIES 8 produced by Alexandra Feacham
1. ''What is Death?'' (6/24/2013) Featuring Katy Brand, Nick Lane, and Sue Black
2. ''Glastonbury'' (7/1/2013) Featuring KT Tunstall, Fay Dowker, and Jeff Forshaw
3. ''Space Tourism'' (8/7/2013) Featuring Brian Blessed, Stephen Attenborough, and Dr. Kevin Fong
4. ''What Makes Science a Science?'' (7/15/2013) Featuring Ben Goldacre, Sophie Scott, and Evan Davis
5. ''Alfred Russel Wallace'' (7/22/2013) Featuring Steve Jones, Aoife McLysaght, and Tony Law
6. ''Science Museum'' (7/29/2013) Featuring Josie Long, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Ian Blatchford, Richard Holmes, and Doc Brown
SERIES 9 produced by Rami Tzabar
1. ''Risk'' (11/18/2013) Featuring David Spiegelhalter, Sue Ion, and Graeme Garden
2. ''Through the Doors of Perception'' (11/25/2013) Featuring Claudia Hammond, Beau Lotto, and Alan Moore
3. ''Science Rocks!'' (12/2/2013) Featuring Dave Martill, Hermione Cockburn, Ross Noble, and Eric Idle
4. ''To Infinity and Beyond'' (12/9/2013) Featuring John Lloyd, Colva Roney Dougal, and Simon Singh
5. ''Should We Pander to Pandas?'' (12/16/2013) Featuring Sandy Knapp, Simon Watt, and Sara Pascoe
6. ''Science and Spin'' (12/23/2013) Featuring Matthew Cobb, Sheena Cruikshank, Helen Keen, and James Burke
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Brian Cox is a British particle physicist, a Royal Society University Research Fellow, PPARC Advanced Fellow, and professor at the University of Manchester. He is best known to the public as the presenter of a number of science programs for the BBC, boosting the popularity of subjects such as astronomy and physics. Since 2009 he has cohosted the BCC Radio 4 science comedy program, The Infinite Monkey Cage, with comedian Robin Ince.
Robin Ince is an award-winning comedian and writer. He won the Time Out Award for Outstanding Achievement in Comedy for his show The Book Club, which was also nominated for a British Comedy Award and hailed by the London Observer as ''the outstanding literary event of the Edinburgh Festival.''
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description BBC Worldwide, Ltd. and Blackstone Audio, 2014. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1481505890
Book Description BBC Worldwide, Ltd. and Blacks, 2014. Audio CD. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111481505890