This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
How do retailers decide which colors and styles are featured in their stores? What factors influence the patterns, textiles and silhouettes designers show in their collections? These choices are all made with the help of fashion forecasting-a dynamic industry that identifies the trends that influence what people will be wearing in the future. This text provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the forecasting process, from studying fashion innovation and cultural influences to conducting consumer research, exploring how to identify the who, what, where, when and why driving fashion change in our lives. New co-author Divita has revised the structure of each chapter to streamline content and improve the flow of information while discussing timely examples and industry applications. Ultimately, students will learn how to prepare and present their own fashion forecast.
- Includes 150 color photographs showing current examples
- Industry Pro les illustrate the types of job opportunities that exist for students and ground theoretical concepts in real-world application
- End-of-chapter summaries, activities, and discussion questions engage students in creative application of concepts
New to this Edition
- New Chapter 5, “Popular Culture and Forecasting”, connects the influence of television, music, movies and social media to the rise of trends
- Thoroughly updated Chapter 4, now entitled “Modern Forecasting Methods”, features current forecasters such as Trend Tablet, Perclers Paris, and Nelly Rodi Lab
- New You Be The Forecaster feature allows students to apply the skills in each chapter in scenarios that simulate real-world career situations
Fashion Forecasting STUDIO
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of essential vocabulary
- Watch videos that bring chapter concepts to life
- Instructor's Guide with Test Bank provides suggestions for planning the course and using the text in the classroom, supplemental assignments,
lecture notes, and sample test questions.
- PowerPoint® presentations include images from the book and provide a framework for lecture and discussion
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Evelyn L. Brannon is Professor Emerita at Auburn University, USA, where she was an Associate Professor of fashion forecasting, apparel design, entrepreneurship, and consumer preference.
Lorynn Divita is an Associate Professor of Apparel Merchandising at Baylor University, USA.Review:
The approach fits with the layout of my objectives and is easy to insert other relevant materials based on the way the book is organized. I feel the coverage of the subject matter is thorough. . .The students like the color pictures and illustrations. -- Beverly Kemp-Gatterson, The Art Institute of Houston, USA My overall impression is that this is a book that means business! It is very in depth with some very stimulating and interesting content. . .An in-depth study of trend forecasting with good activities and a break down of each area. -- Charlotte Goldthorpe, Huddersfield University, UK It presents the basic concepts and principles well. -- Tammy Robinson, Radford University, USA
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: NEW. NEW. Seller Inventory # 9781501313189_REG
Book Description MacMillan Publishers. Condition: New. Brand New. Seller Inventory # 1501313185
Book Description Fairchild Books. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1501313185 Brand New ,Original Book , Direct from Source , Express 6-8 business days worldwide delivery. Seller Inventory # RB#BG103117
Book Description Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 24957687-n
Book Description 2015. HRD. Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000. Seller Inventory # KS-9781501313189
Book Description Fairchild Books, 2015. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1501313185
Book Description Bloomsbury Publishing (UK) 2015-11-19, New York, 2015. book. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 9781501313189
Book Description Condition: New. This is Brand NEW. Seller Inventory # Atlantic-13092018-14886
Book Description Bloomsbury. Condition: New. New, Fast Delivery , 100 % money back if any problem with product and services. Ship by Multiple location's as per Inventory available for fast delivery. Seller Inventory # ABEARC2125
Book Description Bloomsbury Academic Fairchild, 2015. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # TH9781501313189