Get ready for a fundamentally different approach to personal finance. This program helps you transform your relationship with money—whether your goal is to get out of debt, become financially independent or align your financial decisions with your personal values. Your choice: this inexpensive workbook or a free PDF. First and foremost, the PDF version of this entire course is available for free on my website “financinglife-dot-org”. (Amazon doesn’t allow discrete web links, but you’ll find it quickly there.) This paperback version exists for those who prefer a hardcopy to use as a workbook, or to give as a gift. This workbook is organized to be very personal. You need some time, a pencil, and a commitment to get full benefit of this course. You may print specific pages from the PDF version. A paperback version is available from Amazon.com, although we offer this primarily as a convenience if you prefer hardcopy, and so that you can gift a pretty paperback version to a friend or family member on their birthday, holiday, or graduation. What you can expect from this program: The late Joe Dominguez, co-author of the bestseller Your Money or Your Life, spent a decade developing this program for himself. Nearly 40 years later, people’s lives are still being enriched by the Financial Integrity Program he helped create. The program enables you to:
- Get out of debt
- Spend less
- Develop savings
- Learn to base your transactions (the getting, spending, investing and giving of your resources) on your own personal principles
- Achieve a degree of financial independence that allows you to spend your time doing what is fulfilling for you
Rick Van Ness, author of Why Bother With Bonds
recently expanded Steps 8 and 9 to reflect the time-proven wisdom that many call the common sense investing principles. These are also recognized as the Bogleheads Investment Philosophy, an endearing term honoring John C. Bogle, lifelong champion for ordinary investors. What’s different about the 9-Step Financial Integrity Program?
Many books and "step programs" on managing your money are available today. What most of these books have in common is that they assume your financial life functions separately from the rest of your life. The Financial Integrity Program is different. It is a 'whole systems' approach to your life. And it will take you back to basics—the basics of making your spending (and hopefully your saving and investing) of money into a clear mirror of your life values and purpose. The purpose of the Financial Integrity Program is not to sell you anything—a product, a guru, a lifestyle. You don't need any of those to achieve your goals. But you don’t need to go it alone, either. By using this proven, comprehensive program of nine steps based on classic financial principles, you can get where you want to go faster than making them up yourself. And it’s all free. Is this program what you need? Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you comfortable with the amount of money you have? Is it enough?
- Are you spending as much time with family and friends as you would like?
- Do you come home from your job feeling fulfilled?
- Do you have time to participate in things you believe are worthwhile?
- If you were laid off from your job, would you see it as a tragedy or an opportunity?
- Do you have enough savings to support you through six months of normal living expenses?
- When you think about your finances, do you feel peaceful and at ease?
- If you were to die in the next few years, would you be comfortable with your legacy or contribution to your family, your community, the world?
- Are all the aspects of your life – your job, your possessions, your relationships, your values – integrated?
If you answered, 'no' to even one of these, then this 9-Step program can help.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.