This is the long awaited follow-up to "Ten Pounds of Gold" and "Big Gold." Like those books, this book is FULL COLOR and features beautiful photography of the belts, both original and replica.
Mike Mooneyham of the Charleston Post and Courier writes "Bourne strikes gold with new book on U.S. wrestling title."
In 1975, Jim Crockett, Jr. and George Scott created the United States Heavyweight Championship for the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling territory. For the next 13 years, 21 of the the greatest names in professional wrestling, including 13 future WWE Hall-of-Famers, proudly wore one of five different title belts that represented that championship.
The list of names that held this title reads like a Who's Who: Harley Race, Johnny Valentine, Terry Funk, Paul Jones, Blackjack Mulligan, Bobo Brazil, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Wahoo McDaniel, Magnum T.A., Tully Blanchard, Lex Luger, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham and many others.
Jim Crockett Promotions’ United States Championship explores these five classic title belts, and tells all the stories of the angles, feuds, and controversies throughout the title’s history. There were other regional U.S. championships during the territory era, but this was the biggest and the most widely recognized of them all, and it served as the historical foundation for the United States Championship recognized by the WWE today.
The book includes:
- An exhaustive title history of the championship from its inception in 1975 until the sale of Jim Crockett Promotions to Ted Turner in 1988. All the angles, storylines, feuds, and big matches.
- A detailed look at the design of all five Crockett U.S. championship belts and how they were made, with expert input from belt-maker "Ace of Belts" Dave Millican.
- Historical photographs of all the champions wearing all of the different versions of the belts they held.
- Brackets and results for all five U.S. title tournaments during the Crockett years. - A look at where the title belts are today.
- A brief look at other U.S. championships in other territories during the NWA territorial years.
- A brief look at later U.S. championships that traced their title history to the Crockett U.S. title.
- Trivia and statistics.
- Heritage and legacy.
- Over 100 photographs of both the champions and the belts, most in full color!
"Dick Bourne is the Indiana Jones of title belt archeology." - Mike Johnson, PWInsider.com
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. This item is printed on demand. Bookseller Inventory # zk1517463386