Improve your comprehension, grow your vocabulary and ignite your imagination with these unconventional German short stories!
In this book you will find:
German Short Stories for Beginners
- Short stories from a variety of compelling genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller, so you’ll have great fun reading, whilst learning a wide range of new vocabulary and rapidly improving your German comprehension!
- Stories which are broken down into manageable chapters, so you always make progress with the story and feel a sense of achievement without great difficulty reading!
- Realistic amounts of new vocabulary so that you’re not overwhelmed by complex words. Instead of pausing to look up every word, you’ll absorb new vocabulary from the context of the story, and have the satisfaction of that moment when you say: “I totally understood that sentence!”
- Carefully written German, using straightforward grammar that is comprehensible for beginner and intermediate level learners, so that you can enjoy reading and learn new grammatical structures without the feeling of overwhelm and frustration that you get from other books.
- Plenty of natural dialogues in each story, so that you can learn conversational German whilst you read, and improve your speaking ability at the same time!
- Regular plot summaries, comprehension questions and word reference lists, so that help is always on hand when you need it. You’ll be able to focus on enjoying reading and having fun, rather than fumbling around with dictionaries and struggling through dense text with no support.
- A five-step plan for reading the stories in this book the smart way. This detailed introductory chapter gives you specific, step-by-step instructions for effective reading in German, so that you know exactly how to make the most out of the book and maximise your learning!
is written especially for students from beginner to intermediate level (A1-B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference). The eight captivating stories are designed to give you a sense of achievement and a feeling of progress when reading. You’ll finally be able to enjoy reading in German, grow your vocabulary in a natural way, and improve your comprehension at the same time. Based on extensive research into how people most enjoy and benefit from reading in a new language, this book eliminates all the frustrations you have experienced when trying to read in German:
- Dull topics that are no fun to read
- Books so long you never reach the end
- Endless chapters that make you want to give up
- Impenetrable grammar that frustrates you at every turn
- Complex vocabulary that leaves you with your head buried in the dictionary
Instead, you can just concentrate on what you came for in the first place - enjoying reading and having fun!
If you’re learning German and enjoy reading, this is the book you need to rekindle your passion for the language and take your German to the next level! So what are you waiting for? Scroll up and grab your copy now!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Olly Richards speaks eight languages and is the man behind the popular blog: I Will Teach You A Language. He started learning his first foreign language at age 19, when he bought a one-way ticket to Paris to escape a painful breakup. With no exposure to languages growing up, and no special talent to speak of, he had to figure out how to learn a foreign language from scratch. Fifteen years later, Olly is learning his eighth language and has decided to reveal how he accomplished his goal of learning foreign languages. Although he started the I Will Teach You A Language blog in order to document his latest language learning experiments, his useful and actionable writing quickly transformed the blog into one of the most popular sources of language learning advice on the web. He now produces language books and courses across a variety of mediums with the goal of helping other people to successfully learn a new language.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.