This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
See the sun as a star within an environment that includes a family of planets. Sterile Mercury, baked Venus, spaceship Earth (and its blasted moon) and frigid Mars. Earth-based studies and robotic missions to the inner planets reveal clouds, craters, volcanoes and features unique to each planet.
ScienceSchoolHouse's new Discover!Series for grades 6-8 and 9-12, has the following features and components:
1. Interactive multimedia tutorials: Each CD includes up to 200 screens with text and pictures/illustrations plus interactive exercises and lots of video clips. All core text is fully narrated (with an on/off option). Built to pedagogically correct standards with appendices for advanced research.
2. Two text levels: Students can toggle between grades 9-12 and grades 6-8 text levels or stay at one of the two text levels throughout.
3. 3D Virtual Laboratory: Select samples, instruments, tools, planets and natural environments. Design and perform dynamic, discovery oriented experiments, then analyze and plot data to confirm or deny hypotheses. Each student learns by doing science and being a scientist.
4. One 30-minute, high-resolution, digital video on each CD, with content indexing and one-click navigation.
5. Quizzes for students and Test Banks for teachers.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Discover!Series is developed by EOA Scientific Systems, Inc. A number of states, including Texas and Florida, have adopted EOA-developed CDs as "major teaching tools" for grades 6-8 and 9-12. "Adoption" means that EOA's content was subjected to rigorous reviews by administrators, teachers and subject matter experts, and recognized as meeting 100% of those states' required learning outcomes for earth and space science. EOA has been serving the school market since 1994 and has sold more than 200,000 CDs during that time.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description EOA Scientific Systems, Inc., 2005. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1552414558