Extensively revised, this 2nd Edition focuses exclusively on practical clinical science and advances in colon and rectal surgery. It continues to provide "expert" perspectives and essential information on current therapies―ranging from new diagnostic modalities and medical therapeutics to surgical treatment options, including minimal access surgery.
- Provides a "quick consultation with experts" on contemporary treatment approaches.
- Features 95 succinct chapters of 3 to 4 printed pages, arranged in five sections, written by leading experts.
- Uses a portable, easy to read format.
- Offers a significant value in comparison to other books on the market.
- Presents an excellent preparation for American Board of Surgery certification examinations
- New chapters address anal carcinoma · anorectal pain syndromes · fecal impaction · rectocele · preoperative evaluations · pouchitis and complications of the pelvic pouch · diverticulitis · molecular biology of colorectal cancer and implications for therapy · management of malignant polyps · pulmonary metastases from colorectal cancer · acute and chronic ischemia of the small bowel · colorectal surgery in high-risk patients · management of hemorrhage during pelvic surgery · prevention and treatment of complications of laparoscopic intestinal surgery · surgical outcomes
- Coverage of the hottest topics, including colitis · incontinence · pelvic floor disorders · endometriosis · Crohn's disease · neoplasms (anus/rectum/colon) · chemotherapy · laparoscopic surgery
With 137 additional contributing experts
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Focuses exclusively on practical clinical science and advances in colon and rectal surgery
About the Author
Victor W. Fazio, MD, FRACS, FACS, Cleveland Clinic Foundation; James M. Church, MB, ChB, MMedSci, FRACS, FACS, Cleveland Clinic Foundation; and Conor P. Delaney, MD, PhD, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.