Nursery rhymes come to us from many lands, handed down from generation to generation. Reciting nursery rhymes helps young leaners develop phonemic awareness, learn numbers and letter, practice beginning reading and math skills, and connect literature to real experiences.
This must-have resource presents 12 popular rhymes and provides ideas and props for teaching language arts and math concepts and skills using the rhymes.
Format is consistent for each rhyme:
1. the illustrated rhyme
2. teacher resource page(s) that tell how to use the rhyme to teach language, math, and (where appropriate) science concepts
3. Up to 9 reproducible pages to use in teaching the lessons - headbands, puppets, picture and word cards, manipulatives, and more.
Here is a list of the 12 nursery rhymes included and examples of reproducibles that go with the activities:
1. Little Robin Redbreast -- headbands, picture cards to retell rhyme
2. The Noble Duke of York -- soldier puzzle, soldier counters
3. Patty-Cake, Patty-Cake -- picture sequencing, record sheet for measuring
4. This Little Piggie -- finger puppets, picture cards to sequence
5. Ride a Cock-Horse -- storyboard with 3-D figures, patterns for rings & bells to count and sort
6. Hickory Dickory Dock -- a little book of new verses, pattern for "Where Did He Run?" class book
7. Brow Bender, Eye Peeper -- form for a picture dictionary of "people who do something" (adding er), pattern of child to use in pointing to parts
8. Twinkle, Twinkle -- starry night puzzle, spinning star cut and paste project
9. Humpty Dumpty -- picture card to build a rhyming wall, figures for counting
10. Old Mother Hubbard -- dog headband, bear/bare worksheet
11. Little Boy Blue -- storyboard with 3-D figures, sheep and cows for counting
12. Hey Diddle Diddle -- picture cards, little wheel book with moving cow
Fun, instructive illustrations throughout. All 112 pages perforated for easy removal.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: New. Softcover Book, New Condition, Fast Shipping. Ready in Stock. 1st Edition. [Please Read Carefully Before Buying], This Is An International Edition. Printed In Black and White. 112 Pages, Book Cover And ISBN No May Be Different From US Edition. Restricted Sales Disclaimer Wordings Not For Sales In USA And Canada May Be Printed On The Cover Of The Book. Standard Shipping 7-14 Business Days. Expedited Shiping 4-8 Business Days. ***WE DO NOT ENTERTAIN BULK ORDERS.*** The Books May Be Ship From Overseas For Inventory Purpose. Bookseller Inventory # 487470
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: New. New, Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Bookseller Inventory # 31026
Book Description Evan-Moor Educational Publishers, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1557996660
Book Description Evan-Moor Educational Publishers, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1557996660
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97815579966641.0
Book Description Evan-Moor Educational Publishe, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111557996660
Book Description Evan-Moor Educational Publishers. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1557996660 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.3332008