This beautifully illustrated book filled with original art provides a step-by-step approach to drawing the fashion figure, garment details, and the various techniques used to render fashion illustration. For the more advanced student or working designer, Illustrating Fashion explores concepts such as manipulating the figure, more complex poses and rendering techniques and concepts of fashion art. Illustrating significant historical and contemporary designer garments, Stipelman helps the student understand a specific contribution by that designer and how it applies to the lesson. Readers will explore and develop their own talents and goals, thus creating their own illustration style.
· Chapters begin with an overview of the subject, including a brief fashion history or the relationship of the garment detail to the figure
· Full color illustrations throughout highlight rendering techniques from basic to advanced
· Explores advanced concepts and refined rendering techniques
· Includes dedicated chapters on men, children and accessories
New to this Edition
· Features 20% new illustrations including updated fashion styles
· Shows new drawings of the side back figure and expanded sections on advanced rendering techniques
· Includes a STUDIO with 9 new video tutorials (15 total) on basic, intermediate and advanced illustration techniques, plus new drawing exercises for each chapter
· New Instructor Resources include grading guidelines for chapter exercises
PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does not include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501323546. STUDIO Instant Access can also be purchased or rented separately on BloomsburyFashionCentral.com.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Steven Stipelman is a Professor of Fashion Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), USA. He has taught at Parsons School of Design and has conducted workshops at colleges and universities around the country. Stipelman was a fashion artist at Women's Wear Daily for 25 years and his fashion illustrations have published internationally. He is a recipient of The Chancellors Award for Excellence in Teaching.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Fairchild Books & Visuals, 1996. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111563670801
Book Description Fairchild Books & Visuals. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1563670801 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0742975
Book Description Fairchild Books & Visuals, 1996. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1563670801
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 1563670801BNA
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97815636708001.0