Mathematics for Retail Buying, 8th Edition, introduces merchandising and retailing students to the most important concepts in retail math through step-by-step examples with practice problems and solutions. Coverage begins with the skeletal profit and loss statement, and moves through retail pricing and repricing of merchandise, markups, markdowns, the retail method of inventory, six-month, and assortment planning. This extensively updated edition introduces a new co-author and a practical approach that incorporates actual retail scenarios and concepts that are relevant to the fashion industry today. The book has been reorganized into six chapters, each covering a mathematical factor that affects the gross margin and profitability key to the success of any merchandise buyer or planner. The new edition also integrates current retail business metrics and an increased focus on the six-month planning process, including a new assortment planning section with examples.
New to This Edition:
- Reorganized Chapters 1 and 6 reflect the order of prior editions and open the textbook with the discussion of merchandising for profit and profit and loss concepts
- Chapter 5, Six-Month Planning and Components, expanded to include more coverage of assortment planning with a new "Formulating a Six-Month Plan" case study
- More than 50% of practice problems in each chapter are new or have been updated to reflect current industry practice
- Includes 4 new case studies that illustrate practical retailing situations and common obstacles and difficulties encountered in real-life merchandising
- All applicable concept problems are expressed in spreadsheet as well as traditional arithmetic format
- Select Answers at the end of the book helps students check their understanding as they complete Practice Problems
- Key Concept Formulas at the beginning of each chapter and a complete Glossary of Concept Formulas at the end of the book provide easy reference
Mathematics for Retail Buying STUDIO
-Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
-Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions and key formulas
-Practice your skills by computing Practice Problems from the text, now available digitally with formulas embedded in the Excel spreadsheets
-Enhance you knowledge with additional real world case studies and activities for each chapter
-Answer Manual provides demonstrative step-by-step solutions to all practice problems
-Test Bank offers exams for each chapter
-PowerPoint presentations provide a framework for lecture and discussion
This bundle includes Mathematics for Retail Buying, 8th Edition and Mathematics for Retail Buying STUDIO Access Card.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Bette K. Tepper is a former faculty member of the Fashion Management Department at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), US.
Marla Greene is Clinical Associate Professor of Fashion Merchandising at LIM College, NYC, US.Review:
The content seems to be well connected with the real industry practices.E xercises at the end of each chapter provide opportunities for students to review the content and practice. Exercises are also easy to be used as in-class practice problems. Case studies are a good idea to provide additional opportunities for students to apply what they've learnt into solving and thinking real world problems. -- Sheng Lu, University of Rhode Island, US This book is practical, useful book introduces retail math concepts well, tools and concepts for creating equitable collaborative learning environments that supports all students and develops confidence in their mathematical ability. -- Shubhapriya Bennur, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, US A basic retail math book for beginning students that incorporates real-world retail problem solving. -- Courtney Cothren, Stephens College, US What I like the best about this textbook is the number and quality of practice problems included in each unit. The practice problems have greatly helped my students grasp the application of the merchandising mathematical concepts discussed in this textbook.This book also provides easy-to-follow explanations on the merchandising mathematical concepts. -- Wi-Suk Kwon, Auburn University, US
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Fairchild Books, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111563671956
Book Description Fairchild Books, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 5th. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1563671956
Book Description Fairchild Books. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1563671956 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0654611