This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Increased Intimacy or Emotional Isolation...which will you choose? Developing good communication skills is a lifetime journey. The reward for developing and fine–tuning these skills is increased intimacy. The cost of neglecting these essential skills is emotional isolation. The Marriage Communication Assessment helps spouses look at their communication skills as a couple and allows each one to evaluate their own view and their spouse’s view of each other as communicators. A real eye–opener and starting point to better understanding ourselves...and our spouses.
Use this assessment to identify key marriage communication issues and start to...
· Improve communication effectiveness
· Improve overall health of the marriage
· Listen with interest
· Identify and verbalize personal feelings
· Maintain a good mood that allows communication
· Display effective conflict resolution skills
· Use body language that encourages communication
· Verbalize affirmation and affection
· Allow differences and individual strengths to balance rather than divideExamine yourself and your spouse in light of 8 key communication skills:
1. Identifying and verbalizing your feelings
2. Asking for wants and needs
3. Listening and willing to enter each other’s world with genuine interest
4. Understanding the moods of the spouses
5. Managing and resolving conflict appropriately
6. Reading “meta” (unspoken body language) communications
7. Verbalizing affirmation and affection
8. Communicating with acceptance and validating spouse’s differing values, ideas, opinions and interest, without insisting on conformity to one’s own
“This communication assessment has helped many of our couples (in counseling) to open up and discuss their communication strengths and weaknesses.” –Drs. Rodney and Nancy Dean
An excellent resource for couples who who desire a more intimate, fulfilling relationship with one another and aren’t afraid to ask “How Healthy Is Our Communication?” For personal use by couples or as a tool in pastoral or professional counseling.
Includes: Questionnaire and two 2–part self–scoring answer sheets (one for each spouse).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Churchgrowth.Org (Send the Light), 2014. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 12.00x9.00x0.01 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # __1570521808
Book Description Churchgrowth.org, 2014. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1570521808
Book Description Churchgrowth.org, 2014. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111570521808