This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Throughout the history of the Church, God has raised up men and women to boldly proclaim the Gospel message of salvation and communicate its truths to others. These people—often times uneducated yet devout believers—lived intense lives of prayer and penance and devoted themselves completely to the service of Christ and His Church. By their inspiring words and heroic witness, they made an unbelievable impact on others and inspired fellow Christians to greater lives of holiness.
God’s Instrument of Healing, Unity & Peace
In this exciting new six-tape (or CD) series, Catherine of Siena: Growing in Love, Ralph Martin will introduce you to one such special person. The twenty-third of twenty-four children, St. Catherine exerted incredible influence on the Church of the Fourteenth Century. And although she was only a laywoman, God made use of St. Catherine to persuade Pope Gregory XI to leave France and return to Rome, and also to direct kings and queens to use their authority for the good of others.
A well-known author and speaker, Ralph Martin closely examines Catherine’s spiritual doctrine as revealed in her great work, The Dialogue. Through this excellent explanation of St. Catherine’s life and spirituality, you’ll discover spiritual tools to come to a greater understanding of such topics such as Heaven and Hell, growth in virtue, conversion, struggle, growth in prayer, and the signs and fruits of spiritual union. This great Doctor of the Church will enlighten your mind and soul so that you might grow in virtue and a deepening your commitment to a life of holiness. Cut Through the Confusion of Our Times
Ralph Martin’s Catherine of Siena: Growing in Love provides a spiritual and theological remedy for our times in the mystical writings of St. Catherine. Her razor sharp grasp of what is ultimately important in this life provides a precise roadmap to intense spiritual union with Our Lord. Her clear biblical vision of God’s plan of salvation combined with the practical instruction about growing in the spiritual life will greatly benefit those willing to simply listen and learn. Cut through the confusion of our times and grow in the infinite love of God!
IN THIS SERIES YOU’LL DISCOVER:
· Why St. Catherine’s doctrinal insights are most pertinent for today’s Church
· How Catherine of Siena’s writings came to be, despite her complete lack of formal education
· How, in private revelation, God uses the culture, mentality, vocabulary and the unique experiences of the person He wishes to communicate to and through
· What are the specific stages of spiritual growth as taught by Catherine of Siena
· How Jesus is the "bridge" between our fallen world and Heaven
· What are the four distinct punishments experienced by those in Hell
· What the notion of "mystical marriage" means in the spiritual life
· How our concern for others does not end in Heaven
· Why the three stages of our spiritual journey actually reflects Christ upon the Cross
· How to overcome "selfish sensuality" by hatred for sin and growth in virtue
· Why trials, temptations and sufferings can be transformed into positives
· How "filial love" and friendship with God will eventually lead to "spousal love"
· and so much more!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ralph Martin is president of Renewal Ministries, an organization devoted to Catholic renewal and evangelization. Renewal Ministries sponsors the weekly television series, The Choices We Face, and the daily short-wave radio program, Food for the Journey. A leader in renewal movements in the Catholic Church, Ralph holds a M.A. in Theology and is the author of many books including: The Catholic Church at the End of an Age: What is the Spirit Saying?, Is Jesus Coming Soon? A Catholic Perspective on the Second Coming, Called to Holiness, and Hungry for God.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want