This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This second edition of the Handbook of Pediatric Psychology presents a comprehensive survey of research and applications at the interface of psychology and pediatric medicine. Sponsored by the Society of Pediatric Psychology, the volume has been carefully structured and extensively peer-reviewed to ensure full and accurate coverage of professional issues; cross-cutting issues; prevention and promotion; physical conditions and psychology; developmental, behavioral, and emotional problems; and special issues.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Michael C. Roberts, Ph.D., is Professor and Director of the Clinical Child Psychology Program at the University of Kansas. He formerly edited the Journal of Pediatric Psychology and Children's Health Care. In addition to conducting research in pediatric and clinical child psychology, Dr. Roberts has authored and co-edited several books including Pediatric Psychology: Psychological Interventions and Strategies for Pediatric Problems, Casebook of Child and Pediatric Psychology, Handbook of Clinical Child Psychology, and Readings in Pediatric Psychology.
I. Professional Issues
1. Historical and Conceptual Foundations of Pediatric Psychology, Michael C. Roberts and Rodney E. McNeal.
2. Ethical and Legal Issues in Pediatric Psychology, William A. Rae, Frances F. Worchel, and Donald Brunnquell.
II. Cross-Cutting Aspects
3. The Developmental Progress of Pediatric Psychology Consultation, Kim W. Hamlett and Brian Stabler.
4. Adherence to Prescribed Medical Regimens, Annette M. La Greca and Wendy B. Schuman.
5. Pediatric Psychology Research and Practice: A Family/Systems Approach, Anne E. Kazak, Abbie M. Segal-Andrews, and Kelly Johnson.
6. Management of Pain and Distress, James W. Varni, Ronald L. Blount, Stacy A. Waldron, and Adina J. Smith.
7. Psychological Adjustment of Children with Chronic Physical Conditions, Jan L. Wallander and Robert J. Thompson, Jr.
8. Anticipatory Grief and Bereavement, Lynn Ann Reynolds, Deborah L. Miller, Elissa Jelalian, and Anthony Spirito.
III. Prevention and Promotion
9. Prevention of Emotional and Behavioral Distress in Children Experiencing Hospitalization and Chronic Illness, Cynthia Harbeck-Weber and Debra Hepps McKee.
10. Prevention of Injuries and Disease, Lizette Peterson and Krista K. Oliver.
11. Health Promotion, Sandy K. Wurtele.
IV. Physical Conditions: Research and Clinical Applications
12. Pediatric Asthma, Thomas L. Creer and Bruce G. Bender.
13. Cystic Fibrosis, Lori J. Stark, Elissa Jelalian, and Deborah L. Miller.
14. Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus in Childhood, Suzanne Bennett Johnson.
15. Diseases of the Circulatory System: Sickle Cell Disease and Hemophilia, Kathleen L. Lemanek, Lisa M. Buckloh, Gerald Woods, and Regina Butler.
16. Leukemia and Other Childhood Cancers, Scott W. Powers, Kathryn Vannatta, Robert B. Noll, Valerie A. Cool, and James A. Stehbans.
17. Sexual Behaviors and Problems of Adolescents, Roberta Olson, Heather Huszti, and Lorraine K. Youll.
18. Neuropsychological Aspects of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Donna R. Palumbo, Philip W. Davidson, Lori Jeanne Peloquin, and Francis Gigliotti.
19. Neurobehavioral Effects of Brain Injury on Children: Hydrocephalus, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Cerebral Palsy, Jack M. Fletcher, Harvey S. Levin, and Ian J. Butler.
20. Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and Neuromuscular Conditions: Scoliosis, Spinal Cord Injury, and Muscular Dystrophy, Donald G. Kewman, Seth A. Warschausky, and Lisa Engel.
21. Cardiovascular Disease, Alan M. Delamater.
22. Renal and Liver Disease: End-Stage and Transplantation Issues, Julie B. Schweitzer and Steven A. Hobbs.
23. Pediatric Burns, Kenneth J. Tarnowski and Ronald T. Brown.
24. Prematurity and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Marion O'Brien, Elizabeth Soliday, and Kathleen McCluskey-Fawcett.
25. Pediatric Abdominal Disorders: Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Rumination/Vomiting, and Recurrent Abdominal Pain, William N. Friedrich and Theresa M. Jaworski.
V. Developmental, Behavioral, and Emotional Problems
26. Pediatric Feeding Disorders, Thomas R. Linscheid, Karen S. Budd, and L. Kaye Rasnake.
27. Failure to Thrive (Growth Deficiency), Dennis Drotar.
28. Elimination Disorders: Enuresis and Encopresis, C. Eugene Walker.
29. Habit Disorders: Bruxism, Trichotillomania, and Tics, Alan G. Glaros and Catherine C. Epkins.
30. Sleep Disturbances of Children, Jennifer L. Horn and Stephen J. Dollinger.
31. Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, and Neglect, John F. Knutson and Katherine A. DeVet.
32. Behavioral Compliance in a Pediatric Context, Judith R. Matthews, Leslie E. Spieth, and Edward R. Christophersen.
33. The Assessment and Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Children, Terri L. Shelton and Russell A. Barkley.
34. Autism and Mental Retardation, Wendy L. Stone, William E. MacLean, Jr., and Kerry L. Hogan.
35. Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Obesity, Thomas R. Linscheid and Claudia H. Fleming.
VI. Special Issues
36. Pediatric Medical Rehabilitation, J. Scott Richards, Timothy R. Elliott, Rochelle Cotliar, and Victor Stevenson.
37. Adolescent Health Issues, Laurie Chassin, Clark C. Presson, Steven J. Sherman, and Allen R. McConnell.
38. Pediatric Pharmacology and Psychopharmacology, George J. DuPaul and Kara E. Kyle.
39. Psychoneuroimmunology, Lawrence J. Siegel and John Graham-Pole.
40. Environmental Toxins, Stephen R. Schroeder.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description The Guilford Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 1572303662 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW33.3087457