Over 1,000 pages with information on American life - who we are, where we live, what we do, what we eat and where we work. This valuable reference is filled with thousands of statistical tables covering 31 key areas ranging from demographics and government spending to transportation and construction. Within its pages you will find the answers to questions such as:
* What are the biggest, fastest-growing and slowest-growing U.S. industries?
* What is the rate of mortgage delinquency and foreclosure?
* How many new businesses are started each year? How many fail?
* What are the wealthiest and poorest areas of the country?
* How has the purchasing power of the dollar changed over time?
* How many U.S. companies have been acquired by foreign companies?
* What kind of Internet access services are being provided in public libraries?
* How many bankruptcy cases are filed in each state?
* What are the trends in corporate profits?
* Has the rate of marriage and divorce changed in this decade?
* How many people are employed in various types of retailing?
And by ordering from Hoover's, you'll save 23% off the government price.
2000 edition available February 2001.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Hoovers Inc, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1573110639