Admittedly, social studies can be confusing, and a lack of knowledge in history, government, economics, or geography can be embarrassing. To succeed in life, you need to be familiar with these subjects, and the GED Social Studies Test measures your skills in these areas. This program will teach you the basics, including: developing basic thinking skills for social studies; how to understand reading passages about social studies; using context clues to define words; distinguishing facts from opinions; interpreting graphs, tables, maps, and cartoons; and much more. This exceptional program will help you lay the solid foundation in social studies skills that's required for our "GED Social Studies" course.
* Basic thinking skills for social studies
* Recognize the difference between fact and opinion
* Accurately analyze graphs, tables, maps, and cartoons
* Understand reading passages about social studies
* Important concepts in history and other areas tested on the GED
* How world and national events reflect historical and social trends Two DVDs/3 Hrs. 27 Mins. Total. Volume 5 of Video Aided Instruction's 5-Volume Pre-GED Series.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Karl Weber, M.A., is a professional writer, editor, and teacher. He is the author of two popular series of test prep guidebooks, and has worked on books with such noted personalities as former President Jimmy Carter, Ambassador Richard Butler, and U.S. Representative Dick Gephardt.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)