This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
An unprecedented achievement in publishing―a multivolume encyclopedic resource, for both the general reader and specialist―on the central conflict of the 20th century, The Encyclopedia of World War II covers the entire scope of the Second World War from its earliest roots to its continuing impact on global politics and human society.
· Over 1,400 A–Z entries, including lengthy biographies of individuals, studies of battles, details of weapons systems, and analyses of wartime conferences, crucial battlefield and diplomatic turning points, and lingering historical controversies
· Over 270 contributors, including an unprecedented number of international authorities (many from Japan and China), giving the work a global perspective no other encyclopedia on World War II can match
· A wealth of primary documents, ranging from official documents to personal correspondence, is included in a separate volume
· An introductory section with 70 detailed geopolitical and military maps providing a clear orientation for proceeding with research into specific topics and events, as well as 300 photographs, illustrations, charts, and tables
· Includes a discussion of military ranks of the major warring powers and a lengthy comparative table of officers and enlisted men
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
It was the pivotal event of the 20th century, the last world war, and the culmination of long-running animosities and aggression. Nothing about our 21st-century world can be understood without reference to World War II. And now, the entire scope of World War II is within reach in this landmark multivolume publication.About the Author:
Spencer C. Tucker, PhD, is senior fellow in military history for ABC-CLIO and the author or editor of more than 40 books and encyclopedias, many of which have been recognized by awards.
Priscilla Mary Roberts, PhD, is an associate professor of history and Honorary Director of the Centre of American Studies at the University of Hong Kong. She spent 2003 as a visiting Fulbright scholar at the Institute for European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies at The George Washington University, Washington, D.C. She was the assistant editor of ABC-CLIO's Encyclopedia of the Korean War.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2004. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111576079996
Book Description Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Seller Inventory # AIND-15480
Book Description Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Seller Inventory # ABE-FEB-101746
Book Description Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Seller Inventory # ABE-FEB-101745
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Seller Inventory # SHUB101746
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Seller Inventory # SHUB101745
Book Description Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery.This item may ship fro the US or other locations in India depending on your location and availability. Seller Inventory # AUSBNEW-15480
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Seller Inventory # ABEUSA-101746
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Seller Inventory # ABEUSA-101745
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2004. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1576079996