This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
· Written by 6 professors, each with a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
· A complete license review book written for the National Civil Engineering/Professional Engineer exam
· Ideal for the new breadth/depth exam
· 12 sections cover all essential exam materials
· A detailed discussion of the exam and how to prepare for it
· 335 essay and multiple-choice exam problems with a total of 650 individual questions
· A complete 24-problem sample exam
· Updated for 1997 UBC and all of the latest codes
This license review book is written specifically for the latest version of the Civil Engineering/Professional Engineer (principles and practice) Exam. Exam topics are covered in 12 sections: Buildings; Bridges; Foundations and Retaining Structures; Seismic Design; Hydraulics; Engineering Hydrology; Water Treatment and Distribution; Wastewater Treatment; Geotechnical/Soils Engineering; and Transportation Engineering. What's more, Engineering Economy, which may appear as a component in some problems, is discussed in an appendix.
A complete 24-problem sample exam (12 essay and 12 multiple-choice problems) is the final chapter of the book. Since some states do not allow books containing solutions to be taken into the CE/PE Exam, the end-of-chapter problems do not have the solutions in this book. Instead, the problems are restated together with detailed solutions in the companion book, Civil Engineering License Problems and Solutions, 14/e (ISBN 1-57645-030-9). 80% text; 20% problems.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Donald G. Newnan ,Ph.D. Civil Engineer, P.E. is a noted author of the leading engineering economy textbooks, Engineering Economic Analysis. Dr. Newnan has taught engineering review courses and is the leading author of civil engineering review books.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oxford University Press, 1998. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111576450295
Book Description Oxford University Press, 1998. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1576450295