This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Great for new educators and seasoned educators alike
This manual has everything a new nurse educator needs. Developed by a nursing education specialist the Nurse Educator Manual helps new educators hit the ground running.
This resource has comprehensive, ready-to-use tools to:
- Assess staffs' learning needs
- Plan curricula
- Create dynamic education programs
- Lead staff training sessions
- Evaluate education program techniques and effectiveness
With the Nurse Educator Manual, you will:
- Build a foundation of skills and concepts to help you become a master instructor. Apply adult-learning principles and receive tips for planning orientations, inservices, continuing education, and more!
- Revitalize your existing training programs. Be prepared to meet new challenges and utilize evidence-based teaching strategies
- Design exciting new training programs. Incorporate computer-based activities, evidence-based teaching techniques, and effective ways to educate multi-generational and culturally diverse learners.
- Directors of Education
- Staff Development Specialists
- Nurse Managers
- Directors of Nursing
- Directors of Human Resources
- Vice Presidents of Nursing
- Chief Nursing Officers
Table of contents
The Nurse Educator Manual is divided into 14 specialized sections. Read through from beginning to end or select the most pertinent topic that fits your immediate need.
- Correlating values, vision, and mission statements with educational programming
- Qualifications and job descriptions
- Applying the principles of adult learning
- Collecting and analyzing education needs assessments data
- Planning and Implementation of Education
- Learning styles
- Planning education for multi-cultural and multi-generational
- Strategies for dealing with the resistant learner
- Tips for planning orientation, inservice, and continuing education
- Quality improvement and evaluation of education effectiveness
- Writing test items
- Overview of a staff development business plan
- Ethical scenarios in staff development
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, is the president and owner of Avillion's Curriculum Design in York, PA. She specializes in designing continuing education programs for healthcare professionals and freelance medical writing. Avillion also offers consulting services in work redesign, quality improvement, and staff development.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want