This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
From first pitch to final cut, this unique overview chronicles the producer's journey through developing a winning prospectus, drafting a realistic time line and budget, raising money, the three phases of production, and distribution and marketing.Budding filmmakers, television producers, directors, writers, and students get a crash course on the independent production scene in this riveting account of the business and its key players. Now revised to reflect the latest production trends in the entertainment industry, this book is packed with never-before-revealed secrets about the challenging and exciting role producers play in bringing a film or television pilot to the screen, told by two veteran, award-winning producers. Readers will learn what skills and traits they need to succeed as the mastermind behind an independent production, including insider tips on how to assemble and manage a talented ensemble of writers, directors, actors, and crew-members. The book also includes up-to-date contact information for film festivals and foreign distributors, as well as sample budgets, film partnership proposals, and other forms. Aspiring film and television artists will find the practical understanding and insight vital to success.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Producing for Hollywood teaches readers the skills and traits they need to succeed as the mastermind behind an independent production, including insider tips on how to assemble and manage a talented ensemble of writers, directors, actors, and crew-members. From first pitch to final cut, this unique overview chronicles:
· Finding a script
· Developing the package and raising money
· The three phases of production
· How to work with writers, directors, actors, and crew
· Distribution and marketing
About the Author:
· Filming outside the U.S.
· The world of television Complete with an extensive appendix containing a sample film partnership proposal, a sample budget and cash flow, miscellaneous forms and information, and listings of film festivals and foreign distributors, this is an indispensable handbook for any seriously interested in producing independent film. "We have given you the tools you will need to become the independent producer you want to be," say Mason and Gold. "It is up to you how those tools are used. The motion picture business, like most art forms, is not stationary. It is ever-changing, always evolving. We know the road is difficult, because we have been there. We also know that dreams can come true, because we've been there, too."
Paul Mason is the economics editor of the BBC’s Newsnight. He has covered globalization and social justice stories from locations around the world, including Latin America, Africa and China. He is the author of Meltdown and Live Working or Die Fighting. He lives in London.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Allworth Press, 2004. Condition: Brand New. New. Seller Inventory # A104214
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # M-1581153554
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # ML-1581153554