Drinking water providers often purchase and implement new online monitoring instrumentation using a trial-and-error approach. Up to now, no comprehensive single source of information has existed about online monitoring technology in drinking water systems.
Now, one book provides complete information about vailable online monitoring technologies for the drinking water industry: Online Monitoring for Drinking Water Utilities
It covers all aspects of the selection and use of real-time online monitors in water treatment systems:
• available online monitoring instruments for source water, water treatment, and distribution systems
• equipment operating parameters, applications, installation locations, maintenance, training requirements, and purchasing specifications
• whether online monitoring, traditional grab-sample methods, or a combination, are preferable for your application
• where, in your water system, online monitoring instruments would be most useful
• how to receive maximum benefit from the information gathered by online monitors
• how to use online monitoring for advanced process control to enable real-time decision making
• how the European and North American experience compares with respect to applications, installations, and purchasing of online monitoring technology
• what new types of monitoring devices are being developed for the drinking water industry
• how government regulations impact the use of online monitoring, now and in the future
The use of online monitoring is expected to increase in response to the needs of the drinking water industry to produce high quality drinking water. Even in the absence of strong regulatory pressures, online monitoring systems have been installed because utilities are convinced that they improve operating efficiency and maximize finished water quality. If a utility is looking into online monitoring, Online Monitoring for Drinking Water Utilities should be its first purchase.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This book will particularly help the following personnel:
• Technical staff from utilities, including operators and laboratory personnel, will find practical information on the installation, maintenance, and operation of online monitoring instruments
• Information on data handling, quality assurance, and the interconnection of instrumentation to control systems will be of interest to instrument technologists and laboratory staff
• Utility personnel responsible for selecting and recommending equipment purchases will find guidance on the preparation of purchasing specifications, comparisons of operating principles, and information on instrument reliability, as well as technical skills required to operate these instruments
• Performance criteria shown in the book will be of interest to utility personnel both during the purchasing process, as well as when assessing instrument reliability and the quality of data collected
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Amer Water Works Assn, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG1583211837
Book Description American Water Works Assn, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1583211837
Book Description Amer Water Works Assn, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 013324