This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Apply the R.A.I.N. technique in your work with clients
· Utilize mindfulness meditation to clear blockages that prevent living fully
· Discuss basic concepts of Buddhist psychology
· Recognize aspirations and intentions that support awakening
· Practice a variety of different guided meditations
· Adapt specific mindfulness practices to individual client needs
· Integrate mindfulness into your personal and professional life
Learning How to Face Our Tangled Emotions and Release Our Limiting Beliefs
There are many skillful means that we can use to train ourselves and our clients to become aware, teaches Brach, a psychotherapist and meditator of more than 30 years. But they all lead to one essential question: Can I be here in this moment?
Using her R.A.I.N. technique, a four-part process that helps us learn how to stop running away from our tangled emotions and start to lovingly face them, we'll investigate and unblock the beliefs that cause suffering. Guiding us through meditations and practices on mindfulness, loving-kindness, forgiveness, allowing, and more, Brach shares key tools and expert insights for moving through this liberating process so that we can open and allow our lives to unfold, moment by moment.
"Mindfulness can strengthen our attention, awaken compassion and empathy, and expand our acceptance of our own inner states," teaches Brach. Meditation and Psychotherapy draws on the strengths of mindfulness meditation and the practice of modern therapeutic methods to help clear the emotional blocks holding us back.
R.A.I.N., a liberating four-step process for learning how to end the suffering caused by clinging to our emotions
· How we all can awaken from the trance of unworthiness using mindful awareness and lovingkindness
· The alchemy of self-compassion and how it can help in our relationships with others
· Why we don't have to believe our thoughts―the transformative power of self-inquiry
· "Touch and go," an approach for gently disarming the energy of trauma
· Tips for adapting practices for your individual client's needs
· A new model of psychotherapy that emphasizes the client/therapist relationship as an unfolding partnership
· More than eight hours of expert insights, practices, and tips for using mindfulness meditation and modern therapeutic methods to help untangle our difficult emotions
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Tara Brach has been practicing and teaching meditation since 1975, as well as leading Buddhist meditation retreats at centers throughout North America. She is a clinical psychologist, the founder of the Insight Meditation Community of Washington (IMCW), and the author of Radical Acceptance (2003) and True Refuge (2013). Visit Tara Brach's website.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 9781591799702
Book Description Sounds True, 2011. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1591799708
Book Description Compact Disc. Condition: New. Compact Disc. Course objectives: Apply the R.A.I.N. technique in your work with clientsUtilize mindfulness meditation to clear blockages that prevent living fullyDiscuss basic concepts of Buddhist ps.Shipping may be from multiple locations in the US or from the UK, depending on stock availability. 10 pages. 0.328. Seller Inventory # 9781591799702
Book Description Sounds True 2011-02-28, Boulder, Colo. :|Enfield, 2011. audio CD. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # 9781591799702
Book Description Compact Disc. Condition: New. Compact Disc. Course objectives: Apply the R.A.I.N. technique in your work with clientsUtilize mindfulness meditation to clear blockages that prevent living fullyDiscuss basic concepts o.Shipping may be from our Sydney, NSW warehouse or from our UK or US warehouse, depending on stock availability. 10 pages. 0.328. Seller Inventory # 9781591799702
Book Description Sounds True, 2011. Audio CD. Condition: Brand New. unabridged edition. 10 pages. 6.50x7.00x1.00 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # x-1591799708