This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
"The secret things belong unto the Lord our God:
but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children
for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
This new, expanded and completely documented edition of "The Signature of God" contains additional research and compelling documentation proving the Bible is inspired by God. Remarkable new computer discoveries from the Bible Codes reveal astonishing details about the September 11 Islamic terrorist attack on America that were encoded in Hebrew text thousands of years ago.
Key topics include:
-New Bible Codes reveal the details of September 11, 2001 terror attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon
-Historical documents confirm the supernatural darkness when Jesus was crucified
-Advanced scientific statements provide compelling evidence the Bible was inspired
-Incredibly modern medical statements prove that God inspired the Scriptures
-Hundreds of accurate prophecies demonstrate the Bible is supernatural
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. Grant Jeffrey is an internationally known prophecy expert and author of Shadow Government, Countdown to the Apocalypse, and more than twenty other best-selling books. He is also the editor of the Marked Reference Prophecy Study Bible. His popular television program, Bible Prophecy Revealed, airs weekly on TBN. Dr. Jeffrey earned his master's and doctorate degrees from Louisiana Baptist University. He and his wife, Kaye, live in Toronto, where they serve in full-time ministry.Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.:
Is there a God? Does my life have any meaning, or does everything in the universe happen solely by random chance? How can I find the real truth about life and death? What will happen to me when I die? Is the Bible truly the “inspired” Word of God, or is it just the philosophical writings of a group of men in ancient times?
These questions occur to every one of us at some point in our lives. Our answers to these questions are vitally important because the answers will affect our goals, our relationships, our peace of mind, and, ultimately, our eternal destiny. The Bible claims to be the inspired Word of God and declares repeatedly that its message is absolutely true—without any error. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that each one of us determines for ourselves whether the Bible is truly the Word of God.
If the Bible is true and God does exist, then we will someday stand before almighty God to be judged by Him as to our eternal destiny—either heaven or hell. The Scriptures tell us that, following death, we will give an account to God about how we responded to Jesus Christ’s offer of salvation through His death on the cross. On the other hand, if the Bible is not true and God does not exist, then we are free to live as we please. If God does
not exist, then we will experience the consequences of our choices solely in this world. The philosophy of “eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die” is a logical response if there is no God and the universe has no purpose. If there is no God, then we are free to live as we please.
However, the answer to the question “Is the Bible truly the Word of God?” is of the greatest possible importance to every person, whether we admit it or not. Our fundamental beliefs determine our decisions and the ultimate course of our lives. If we change our deeply held beliefs, we will inevitably change our actions, our decisions, and the direction of our lives. So if you question the truth and the inspiration of the Bible, it is well worth your time to examine that belief in light of the best evidence regarding the Scriptures. If you question whether the Bible is the authoritative, inspired, absolutely true Word of God, then by all means you need to consider all the evidence.
But is it really possible to determine the truth about God and the Bible? I believe it is, and I have good reason to hold that belief. This book, The Signature of God, will examine exceptional scientific, medical, historical, and prophetic discoveries that prove that the Bible is authoritative and inspired by God. Some people are content to follow a blind faith based on the religious convictions of others. However, many of us want to examine these matters for ourselves to determine the answers. I wrote The Signature of God so that all people—skeptics, new Christians, agnostics, those with serious doubts and questions, and committed Christians who want to learn the facts that back up their faith—can study the evidence that verifies the Bible’s claims about its power, authority, and reliability.
How Would God Reveal Himself to Humanity?
Let’s conduct an experiment to examine the question of how God would reveal Himself to humanity if He decided to make Himself known. After creating the universe and everything in it—including humanity—how would God introduce Himself to make Himself known and convey His instructions? He could choose to speak to every single one of the billions of humans living in every generation, but that would be impractical. On the other hand, God could choose a number of men living in various generations over a period of centuries and inspire those men to record in writing His instructions for the rest of humanity. Obviously, the second option is the most practical.
However, there is another problem that God would face in revealing His will and instructions to us. How would He prove that the Bible was His legitimate revelation? There are many religious texts that claim to convey the message of God. The challenge would be to find a method to differentiate the genuine, inspired Scriptures from other religious books produced by religious philosophers over the centuries. I believe the solution is obvious: God would authenticate His own revelation by writing His “signature” on the pages of His Scriptures. This unmistakable “signature of God” would consist of evidence, prophetic knowledge, and phenomena found in the text that no unaided human could possibly have written. In other words, the genuine Scriptures would contain supernatural evidence within its text that no one, apart from a divine intelligence, could possibly create.
I believe that God left no room for doubt regarding the truth and reliability of His written Word. In fact, the Scriptures contain a direct statement from God that He provided precisely this type of supernatural evidence. Twenty-five centuries ago, the prophet Isaiah recorded this amazing declaration from God: “Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure” (Isaiah 46:9–10).
In this passage God declared that fulfilled prophecy proves that the Scriptures are inspired by the Lord. It is impossible for any human, or even Satan, to predict future events with precise accuracy. (The writers of other religious books know they cannot accurately predict the future, so they refrain from exposing themselves to ridicule by avoiding detailed prophecies that will prove to be false. Instead, they issue vague predictions that can easily be recast and reinterpreted later on to fit whatever might happen in the world.) God is the only One who knows the future as well as the past.
My thesis in The Signature of God is that the Bible contains fascinating evidence that absolutely authenticates that the Scriptures are the inspired and authoritative Word of God. The evidence from hundreds of fulfilled prophecies regarding the life and death of Jesus Christ provides the strongest and most obvious proof of the Bible’s divine inspiration. However, there are a number of other intriguing prophecies and undeniable facts that prove that only God could have inspired the ancient writers to record His message in the Scriptures. We will examine that evidence in the chapters that follow.
Evidence That the Bible Is a Genuine Revelation from God
How would God authenticate His message so that skeptical men and women could be assured that the Scriptures were not simply the speculations of religious philosophers? How would the Lord identify His presence, His divine nature, and His commands—and provide proof that this written communication was truly from Him? There are a number of ways He would confirm His message to us:
1. The written revelation of God’s nature and commands was progressively revealed to a series of carefully chosen men over a period of sixteen centuries. The recipients were closely connected by race and faith to facilitate their gathering, assembling, preserving, and distributing God’s written revelation. The Lord chose the Jewish people, a defined race that has maintained its identity over the centuries, as the faithful guardian of His written revelations.
2. Although God’s divine communications were transmitted by inspiration to a variety of individuals, it was recorded in a permanent written form capable of being examined and read by the writers’ contemporaries as well as all generations that would follow.
3. These divine communications were occasionally accompanied by miracles to authenticate their divine origin.
4. This written revelation from God contains internal evidence that proves that God is the ultimate Author. The Bible includes information that could not have been written by limited humans. This includes scientific and medical knowledge that was not discovered or widely known until centuries following the time when the biblical writers recorded it in the Scriptures.
5. The Bible contains thousands of detailed prophecies concerning events that were precisely fulfilled many years after the predictions were made. Their fulfillment proves
that God inspired the Bible. No one but God can accurately prophesy future events in such detail and never be wrong.
6. God inspired the biblical writers to record His profound wisdom and truth that transcend all human wisdom.
7. God’s Holy Spirit supernaturally transforms the lives of millions who commit themselves to the Bible’s revelation. There is undeniable supernatural power in the
written Word of God.
8. The Bible’s primary purpose is to reveal God’s plan of salvation. However, whenever Scripture deals with history, archaeology, nature, medicine, or science, it reveals advanced knowledge that is true and verifiable. Such biblical statements were first recorded far in advance of the knowledge available during the time of the original
9. The Bible’s wisdom, knowledge, and ethics proclaim its supernatural origin to anyone who is seeking answers to life’s most profound questions. The wisest people of all cultures and times are committed to its truths.
10. The Scriptures contain advanced medical and sanitation knowledge that was thousands of years ahead of its time. This medical knowledge has saved countless lives. In addition, its lifesaving commands still prove their worth in our day.
11. A careful examination of the names and numbers in the Bible’s text reveals special mathematical designs and codes that are so complex that even a supercomputer could not have produced these features. Many of the designs occur throughout a series of biblical
books recorded by different authors over a span of several centuries. There is no human explanation for this phenomenon except for the Bible’s divine inspiration.
12. In the 1990s, Jewish computer scientists in Israel and the United States discovered a series of remarkable Hebrew words encoded at equally spaced intervals hidden within the Hebrew text of the first five books of the Bible, the Torah. Additional researchers later proved that this phenomenon, known as Equidistant Letter Sequence (ELS), existed throughout the Old Testament Hebrew text. (It is not limited to the Torah.) God inspired the biblical writers to unconsciously use specific words and letters to produce the most intriguing and incredibly complicated mathematical and letter codes ever found. These features were hidden from the eyes of everyone until the development of mathematical and supercomputer analysis. These complex patterns constitute a powerful argument
for the divine inspiration of the Bible. And while these intricate patterns exist in the Hebrew text of the Old Testament, none of the apocryphal Hebrew texts, such as 1 Maccabees, displays this pattern. Further, researchers have never found clusters of complex codes in any other Hebrew religious or secular texts, such as the Talmud. This incredible phenomenon, referred to as the Bible Codes, provides compelling evidence that the Author of the inspired Scriptures was God.
13. In human literature, authors naturally try to present themselves in the best light possible. However, the Bible presents the major human figures in Scripture in both victory and defeat, in righteousness and sinfulness, and in obedience and rebellion. The Bible often portrays even the leading biblical heroes as weak, afraid, and lacking in wisdom. Additionally, biblical revelation contains many intricate details and unintended coincidences in its stories that, while easily overlooked, prove the overall truthfulness of the historical accounts.
14. Although written by forty-four men over a span of sixteen centuries, the complete text of the Bible reveals a coherent unity and progressive revelation from start to finish—from Genesis to Revelation. The story that is told in the Bible consistently reveals and develops God’s plan of redemption for humanity. The books of the Old Testament
continuously point to the coming of a Messiah-King to redeem His people. (We know that Messiah to be Jesus of Nazareth, God’s Son.) The New Testament displays
the fulfillment of these divine prophecies in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. The unity of theology and the focus on the message of redemption throughout the Bible argue strongly that a single Author created this text. How else would forty-four writers over sixteen centuries write sixty-six different books that all tell the same story?
Three thousand years ago King David, the great king of Israel, wrote these words revealing the nature of God’s inspired Word:
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More
to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is
great reward. (Psalm 19:7–11)
The Divine Inspiration of Scripture
The early Christians, Jewish scribes, and generations of Christian believers shared an unshakable conviction that the Scriptures contain the infallible, inspired, and authoritative words of God. The Bible itself claims that “all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16). The Greek word that is translated “inspired” literally means “God-breathed,” indicating the Lord’s direct supervision of the writing by the biblical writers. The Bible claims that its words were not written by men in an ordinary manner, such as one might write a history book, a news article, poetry, or a letter to a friend. But instead,
God inspired men to record His direct words. Just as God created only one sun to provide light to our planet, He gave us only one book, the Bible, to enlighten our world spiritually. And as we will see in a later chapter, each word of Scripture is essential.
Tragically, during the twentieth century, many pastors, professors, and laypeople lost their faith and confidence that the Bible is the inspired and reliable Word of God. Dr. Kennedy, a Regius Professor of Greek at Cambridge University in the early decades of the twentieth century, warned of the battle that was about to begin over the authority of the Bible. “The inspiration of Scriptures will be the last battle ground between the Church and the world,” he stated. Unfortunately, many in our churches and seminaries abandoned this battlefield and accepted defeat at the hands of skeptics who attacked the truth, authority, and reliability of the Scriptures. The widespread rejection of the truthfulness of the Bible reveals the folly of people...
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Christian Large Print, 2010. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111594153388