This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
How the PC agenda on college campuses is endangering millions of students
Radical social agendas have taken over campus health and counseling, and itÂ's making students sick. Dr Anonymous should know: sheÂ's treated over 2000 students at a prestigious university, and seen first hand how the anything-goes, women-are-just like- men, Â“safer-sexÂ” agenda harms our sons and daughters. After years of hesitation, sheÂ's speaking up.
In Unprotected you will learn:
* About an Ivy League universityÂ's health website that okays risky behaviors including S&M, Â“swingingÂ”, and bestiality
* How campus health centers hound students to stop smoking, eat right, get enough sleep, and wear sunscreen, but tacitly approve of promiscuity, and whitewash the consequences of sexually transmitted infections
* How HIV education is distorted, causing hysteria among students who are at no risk for infection
* How campus counselors focus on sexual orientation, abuse, molestation, cigarettes and caffeine, but neglect to ask students about abortion
* How ideology-driven health services lead young women to believe they are just like men Â– and to pay a high price for it.
* How, despite strong evidence of significant health benefits of church attendance and faith in God, psychology remains anti-religion -- an irrational, out-dated prejudice Dr Anonymous calls Â“theophobiaÂ”
Parents, educators, and health providers are all disturbed and mystified by the epidemic of sexually transmitted infections on our college campuses, as well as the rampant depression, suicidal behavior, eating disorders, and cutting. Dr Anonymous has seen it all. The solution, she contends, is not Zoloft or condoms. Instead, she urges her colleagues to stop feeding students platitudes about diet and exercise and misinformation about Â“protectionÂ”. What campus counselors and health providers must do, she argues, is tell uncomfortable, politically-incorrect truths, especially to young patients in their most vulnerable and confusing moments.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
ANONYMOUS, M.D. is a psychiatrist at the counseling center of a major American university. A campus atmosphere of intolerance forces her to conceal her identity.Review:
Here are important facts you must know about well-intentioned counselors who are more committed to political correctness than to students’ physical and psychological safety—written clearly and passionately by a dedicated psychiatrist. This book tells all. -- Nicholas A. Cummings, Ph.D., Sc.D., Former President, American Psychological Association; Distinguished Professor, University of Nevada, Reno; President, Cummings Foundation for Behavioral Health.
How could the so-called caring professions ostensibly dedicated to student welfare have collapsed so completely in the face of pressure from a particularly hurtful and wanton cultural fashion? This is surely one of the most important questions of our age, and it underlies this generous, tender, lively, angry book—written by a therapist who has fought her way through the dangerous pieties of her profession and whose newfound hope is everybody's hope as well. -- Midge Decter, author of Liberal Parents, Radical Children
This book is a thunderous call for a truly honest discussion in society, but more importantly, between college-bound students and their parents. It is one of the few books I have read that can be a light on the path to health for our society that is, in certain areas, the university in particular, very sick. It is an absolute must read. -- Joe S. McIlhaney, M.D.
This is a punch-in-the-gut powerhouse of a book by a very brave clinician. The message is provocative and profound. . . . I wish others had the guts to speak out in a similar fashion. -- Cal Colarusso, M.D., Training and Supervising Analyst, San Diego Psychoanalytic Institute
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Sentinel HC, 2006. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1595230254
Book Description Sentinel HC. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1595230254 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0723223