During the Reformation, a renewed interest in Scripture brought great light to the church and the world. In The Reformation Study Bible, general editor R. C. Sproul aims to present the light of the Reformation anew by combining an accessible translation with study notes that stand firmly in the theological tradition of the Reformation.
No other study Bible gives the reader more assistance in understanding the great doctrines and themes of the Christian faith as found in the Scriptures. Extensive notes have been researched and written by a team of more than fifty scholars, including J. I. Packer, James Boice, and Wayne Grudem.
All Christians that want to dig deeper in their study of Scripture will appreciate the bibleís many features, including section introductions, book introductions and outlines, comments on the biblical text, theological notes, charts, in-text maps, and cross-references.
The first study bible based on the English Standard Version, The Reformation Study Bible is the perfect choice for men and women that want to study Godís word in a language they can understand.
- Thousands of study notes crucial to an in-depth study of biblical passages, verses, and words
- 96 notes on central doctrinal teachings of Scripture
- Introductions to the seven groups of biblical books, an introduction to the intertestamental period, and book introductions and outlines that detail the background, structure, and meaning of the biblical text
- Written by 48 scholars, including Sinclair Ferguson, Dennis Johnson, Simon Kistemaker, Willem VanGemeren, and Gordon Wenham.
- Edited by R. C. Sproul, assisted by Bruce Waltke (OT editor), Moises Silva (NT editor), James Boice, Edmund Clowney, and others.
- 19 in-text maps help readers follow Bible geography
- 12 charts aid visually oriented readers
- Center-column cross-references
- Concordance to the ESV
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
R. C. Sproul (Drs., Free University of Amsterdam) is the founder and president of Ligonier Ministries, and host of the national daily radio program Renewing Your Mind. He has written more than fifty books, including The Holiness of God and The Invisible Hand.
Keith A. Mathison (Ph.D., Whitefield Theological Seminary) is director of curriculum development for Ligonier Ministries and assistant editor of Tabletalk magazine. He is the author of several books, including Given for You.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description P & R Publishing, 2010. Imitation Leather. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111596382414
Book Description P & R Publishing. IMITATION LEATHER. Book Condition: New. 1596382414 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.1642525