Buchanan, former U.S. treasurer and sister of former presidential nominee Pat Buchanan, takes Hillary Clinton to task in this unapologetically partisan biography. Buchanan outlines how Clinton's personality and character changed after she was elected to the Senate, casting mock sympathy as she goes: "It must be a terrible thing to be as deeply insecure as Hillary. It has made her so incredibly susceptible to the ideas of others." Subsequent chapters criticize the senator's positions on hot-button issues, including healthcare, same-sex partnerships and the war in Iraq. Though Buchanan backs up many of her points with outside scholarship and Clinton's own interviews and records (both as senator and student), claims that Clinton "accepts no responsibility" and disregards "even the most basic standards of behavior" make this a sermon for the choir.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Meet the new Hillary: same as the old Hillary--but worse Hillary Rodham Clinton has been many things, but one thing she has always been in her adult life is a dedicated, unapologetic liberal--until now. In positioning herself for her 2008 presidential run, Hillary has carefully put away the trappings of a liberal and wrapped herself in a cloak of moderation. The senator who had been (with the possible exception of Ted Kennedy) the star of the Democratic Party's left wing is now being packaged as a centrist--with the willing help of the liberal media, which has taken up her cause and castigates any attempts to expose her real (leftist) agenda. But now, in The Extreme Makeover of Hillary (Rodham) Clinton, Bay Buchanan rips the mask off Hillary to reveal the '60s radical who lies beneath. As Buchanan makes clear, not only can Hillary not be trusted, but her "makeover" is exactly what one would expect from an unprincipled left-wing politician. Hillary will let nothing stand in her way. Buchanan investigates every aspect of Hillary--the woman, the wife, the lawyer, the feminist, the politician, the senator, the aspiring president--and penetrates to her core as no other author has ever done. In The Extreme Makeover of Hillary (Rodham) Clinton, Buchanan reveals:
* How Hillary distrusts her own judgment, which makes her susceptible to--and even a willing tool of--radical gurus
* Hillary's actual Senate record: how it belies her claim that she has moved to the middle
* The $200 million advertising campaign Hillary is planning that will feature her as a Godfearing, "family values" war hawk
* Why Hillary can't handle the enormous responsibility that falls on the shoulders of the commander in chief (Buchanan has the dismaying evidence)
* How Bill Clinton's view that the first female president would have to be a Margaret Thatcher-style conservative may have led to Hillary's makeover
* Disquieting evidence that Hillary can remorselessly lie, cheat, steal, commit perjury, obstruct justice, malign reputations, and destroy the lives of innocent people
* Why Hillary can no longer talk with any credibility about enforcement of immigration laws
* Evidence that, when it comes to women and families, Hillary's biases remain rooted in radical feminism Who is Hillary Clinton, and what does she stand for? The Extreme Makeover of Hillary (Rodham) Clinton provides the truth--and is a sobering reminder of how radicalism and corruption still cling to Hillary. . . no matter how many makeovers she has.About the Author:
Bay Buchanan has spent the past thirty years in politics and was appointed by President Ronald Reagan to be the treasurer of the United States. A frequent political commentator on television, she has worked for CNBC/MSNBC as co-host of Equal Time and for CNN as a political analyst for Inside Politics. Currently she is a political analyst for CNN's The Situation Room. A native of Washington, D.C., she lives in northern Virginia and is the proud mother of three sons.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Regnery Publishing, Inc., 2007. Book Condition: New. 1 Edition. N/A. Ships from the UK. BRAND NEW. Bookseller Inventory # GRP69435955
Book Description Regnery Publishing. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1596985070. Bookseller Inventory # Z1596985070ZN
Book Description Regnery Publishing 2007-05-14, 2007. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1596985070. Bookseller Inventory # Z1596985070ZN
Book Description Book Condition: New. Gift Quality Book in Excellent Condition. Bookseller Inventory # 36SEQU000I89
Book Description Regnery Publishing, 2007. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1596985070
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97815969850701.0
Book Description Regnery Publishing, 2007. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1596985070
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 1596985070
Book Description 2006. HRD. Book Condition: New. New Book.Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # IB-9781596985070
Book Description 2006. HRD. Book Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # KS-9781596985070