This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This innovative book is destined to become the definitive core text for graduate courses covering cognitively based communicative disorders. Designed to fill a gap in the existing market, for the first time, instructors will have a resource that provides current state of knowledge on the normal cognitive processes that support communication, along with current state of knowledge on the impact deficits in these cognitive domains may have on language and communication. A renowned group of contributors present in a single source, information on the cognitive processes of attention, memory, and executive functioning, along with chapters on right hemisphere disorders, Alzheimer s Disease and related disorders, and traumatic brain injury
* Provides a comprehensive review of theoretical and applied research on the cognitive processes of attention, memory and executive function
* Identifies the unique cognitive communication deficits associated with right hemisphere damage, the dementias, and traumatic brain injury
* Demonstrates the synergy among cognitive supports for communication and shows the impact of cognitive deficits on communication
* Offers practical information on clinical management
* A useful resource for clinicians in need of current information on cognitive linguistic communication disorders
* A stand alone text for courses in cognitive disorders
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Michael L. Kimbarow, Ph.d , CCC-SLP , BC-NCD, is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences at San Jose State University.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Plural Publishing, Inc., 2011. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P11159756186X
Book Description Plural Publishing, Inc., 2011. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX159756186X
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STR-159756186X