This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This book provides a holistic consideration of climate change that goes beyond pure science, fleshing out the discussion by considering cultural, historical, and policy-driven aspects of this important issue.
· Contributions from more than 100 experts
· Excerpts from reports from international organizations such as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
· Transcripts of speeches from world leaders on the climate change issue
· Sidebars on the "climate-history connection" explore the possible links between climate and key events through history, such as the Classical Maya collapse
· Essential, annotated primary sources
· Quotes from policy makers, scientists, eyewitnesses to climate change, and social and cultural leaders
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Living patterns in the developed world have fueled the rapid pace of changes to our climate. The science underlying climate change has been understood by the scientific community for hundreds of years; as such, most developed nations have a strategy for mitigating the impacts of these changes. In the United States, however, our reluctance to accept the reality of climate change threatens our nation's ability to adapt.About the Author:
Brian C. Black, PhD, is head of the Division of Arts and Humanities and professor in the departments of History and Environmental Studies at Pennsylvania State University, Altoona College, PA.
David M. Hassenzahl, PhD, is dean of the School of Sustainability and the Environment at Chatham University.
Jennie C. Stephens, PhD, is associate professor of environmental science and policy at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Gary Weisel is professor of physics at Pennsylvania State University, Altoona College, PA. He holds two doctorates, one in Physics from Duke University and one in History of Science from the University of Florida.
Nancy Gift, PhD, is Compton Chair of Sustainability at Berea College, Berea, KY.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2013. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111598847619
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2013. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1598847619
Book Description Abc-Clio Inc, 2013. Hardcover. Condition: Brand New. 1422 pages. 10.25x7.25x4.50 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 1598847619
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2013. Hardcover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # INGM9781598847611