This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The three-level reading series captivates the interest of elementary learners through a range of reading genres. From fictional stories to non-fiction articles, School Subject Readings covers such topics as literature, culture, health, social studies, history and science. Through the study of field-specific vocabulary and accompanying comprehension activities, students can become fully engaged in practicing all four language skills. Furthermore, the natural progression of vocabulary and passage length in each book is designed to scaffold greater learning capability and bridge the gap between beginning and elementary learners. With each level of School Subject Readings, students gain more knowledge and insight of the English language, as well as the world around them.
(1) Full-color photographs
(2) Key vocabulary accompanied by definitions
(3) Pre-reading questions designed to actively engage the student
(4) Texts from a wide variety of genres and topics that are relevant to elementary learners
(5) Reading, writing, and vocabulary activities to aid in overall comprehension
(6) Summary exercises that reinforce writing and comprehension skills
(7) Audio CD
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Compass Publishing, 2008. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1599663791
Book Description Compass Publishing, 2008. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 88 pages. 10.70x8.00x0.30 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 1599663791