Very Easy Reading Second Edition is a four-level reading course adapted from Compass' original best-selling series but now including additional activities to consolidate students' literacy skills through basic listening, speaking, and writing activities related to the topic of each unit. In the Very Easy Reading Second Edition series, students are exposed to new vocabulary and structures in a controlled manner, making all of the activities in each unit very accessible and enjoyable to the new reader.
(1) Pre-reading questions and new vocabulary introduction before each reading
(2) Fun full-color photos and illustrations to aid in understanding
(3) Reading comprehension questions to build skimming, scanning, and inference skills
(4) Repeated recycling of vocabulary to aid in sight-word recognition
(5) A mind map activity to support recall and visualization of the reading
(6) Comprehension and recognition exercises to reinforce target vocabulary
(7) Additional listening/pronunciation practice with the accompanying audio recording
(8) Writing activities in each unit to facilitate cognitive coordination
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Casey Malarcher has been an ESL/EFL instructor for over ten years. He holds a PhD in Education from the University of New Mexico and has written a wide range of English language learning materials for both children and adults.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Compass Publishing, 2009. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: New. Hieram Weintraub (illustrator). book. Bookseller Inventory # M1599663821
Book Description Compass Publishing, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 88 pages. 9.80x7.20x0.10 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 1599663821
Book Description Compass Publishing, 2009. Perfect Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111599663821