This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This highly-effective, standards-based, 168-page book is a research-based instructional program that teaches beyond most state and Common Core standards by:
· Improving children's observation and description skills
· Developing academic vocabulary
· Developing thinking skills that underlie content learning (describing/defining, identifying similarities and differences, sequencing, and classifying)
· Improving students' understanding of key concepts in mathematics, social studies, and science
· Students completing structured exercises to write sentences and paragraphs
· Carefully sequencing lessons to develop thinking skills
· Employing language integration techniques to teach thinking skills and key concepts
The program builds academic vocabulary using these important concepts: describe, compare and contrast, and classify shapes, position, land forms, bodies of water, living and non-living things, food, animals, family members, jobs, vehicles, and places.
This student book can be used with a detailed, 224-page Teacher's Manual which can be purchased separately. The Teacher's Manual provides instructions to teach the lessons using research-proven methods that promote students' thinking: direct instruction, cooperative learning, whole sentence responding, and language integration activities.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Critical Thinking Books Software, United States, 2015. Hardback. Condition: New. Language: N/A. Brand New Book. Seller Inventory # FLT9781601446589
Book Description Critical Thinking Books & Software, N/A, 2015. Hardback. Condition: New. Language: N/A. Brand new Book. Seller Inventory # FLT9781601446589
Book Description The Critical Thinking Co., 2015. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1601446586