First-ever career ladder for nursing professional development specialists and educators.
This training resource is a professional development career ladder for nursing professional development specialists and educators at any experience level. Whether you are new to the profession or a seasoned veteran, this book provides all the steps you need to progress professionally or chart the professional development of your staff.
Designed to progress staff development professionals along the learning continuum from novice to expert, this resource by Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, provides insightful strategies that can be used to design individualized orientation to educators at all levels as well as to set goals, write job descriptions, provide feedback, and assess competence.
- Establish a new framework for competency by using proven methods from an experienced professional
- Enhance your training library with customizable orientation tools such as program outlines and expectations, performance review criteria, critical thinking activities, and evaluation methods
- Keep yourself professionally engaged and motivated through continuous education and development
- Gain strategies for establishing formal staff development preceptorships and mentorships
Some tools and forms included with your book:
- Competency-based orientation for staff development professionals
- Critical thinking exercise template
- Checklist for preparing to welcome new staff development employees
- Basic education for novice staff development specialists
- Sample job description statements for advanced beginners
- Orientation competencies for competent staff development specialists
- Sample job description statements for proficient staff development specialists
- Orientation competencies for expert staff development specialists
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Adapting Benner's Levels of Expertise to Staff Development
Chapter 2: Filling Staff Development Vacancies
Chapter 3: Competencies for Nursing Professional Development Specialists
Chapter 4: Critical Thinking in Staff Development
Chapter 5: Staff Development Orientation: An Overview
Chapter 6: Nurturing the Novice in Staff Development
Chapter 7: Nurturing the Advanced Beginner in Staff Development
Chapter 8: Nurturing the Competent in Staff Development
Chapter 9: Nurturing the Proficient in Staff Development
Chapter 10: Nurturing the Expert in Staff Development
Chapter 11: Developing Preceptor and Mentorships for Staff Development Specialists
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, is the owner of Avillion's Curriculum Design in York, PA, and specializes in designing continuing education programs for healthcare professionals and freelance medical writing. She is the editor of the e-newsletter Staff Development Weekly, and is a frequent presenter at NNSDO and various conferences and conventions devoted to continuing education and staff development. She is the author of Evidence-Based Staff Development: Strategies to Create, Measure, and Refine Your Program, A Practical Guide to Staff Development: Evidence-Based Tools and Techniques for Effective Education, and the Nurse Educator Manual: Essential Skills and Guidelines for Effective Practice.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HCPro Inc., 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Great condition with minimal wear, aging, or shelf wear. Bookseller Inventory # P021601468180
Book Description Book Condition: Good. Professional Growth in Staff Development: Strategies for New and Experienced Educators. Bookseller Inventory # SKU0085870