Influenza (flu) and pneumonia are serious diseases for both older adults and healthcare workers. Home health aides must be familiar with the facts about flu and pneumonia, as well as infection control measures to prevent the spread of these diseases. This in-service describes flu and pneumonia symptoms and teaches home health aides how to recognize the signs of both illnesses. It also defines who is eligible for a vaccination and explains how to take precautionary measures to prevent the spread of these diseases.
After completion of this program, the home health aide will be able to:
- Describe who should get an influenza vaccination
- Describe who should get a pneumonia vaccination
- List the signs of a swallowing problem
- List infection control procedures to follow to prevent the spread of illness, especially influenza and pneumonia
Contents of this lesson:
- A clearly written fact sheet
- A 10-question post-test to measure understanding of the subject matter
- An answer sheet with a place for the instructor's comments and signature
- An illustrative, homecare-specific case study
- Suggested supplemental learning activities
- An attendance log and certificate of completion
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want