Rosenbaum’s classic, comprehensive text once more provides definitive coverage of environmental politics and policy, lively case material, and a balanced assessment of current environmental issues.
Notable revisions include:
· A completely revamped energy chapter covering conventional energy policy as well as a comparative examination of alternatives to current energy production.
· Expanded discussion of current U.S. climate change policy with attention to the role of the states, the impact of global environmental politics, and emerging technologies on policy alternatives.
· Analysis of the Obama administration’s energy agenda and its profound differences from Bush administration policies and the practical difficulties of creating an effective political coalition in support of the new policy agenda.
· Greater emphasis on executive-congressional relations in the policy-making cycle.
· Examination of changes in the environmental movement, with particular attention to newly emerging cleavages over energy and climate issues.
· A thorough updating of all policy chapters, including an examination of such topics as “mountain top removal,” the emergence of Bisphenol A as an endocrine disruptor issue, and the “new NIMBYism.”
New and revised tables, figures, and other data illustrate key environmental information while a new, detailed timeline frames the initial chapter’s historical narrative of evolving environmental policy.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Walter A. Rosenbaum is professor emeritus of political science at the University of Florida and director emeritus of the University of Florida s Bob Graham Center for Public Service. His recent activities include an analysis of the EPA s capacity for climate change regulation, prepared for the Brookings Institution; an examination of the data requirements for a new Federal Environmental Legacy Act; and preparation of an energy policy text for CQ Press. He has also served as a staff member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and an adjunct professor in the School of Public Health, Tulane University Medical College. In addition to his teaching and research, he has been a consultant to the EPA, the U.S. Department of Energy, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and the South Florida Ecosystem (Everglades) Restoration Project.Review:
Because of its thoroughness, clarity, and depth, Environmental Politics & Policy has long been the benchmark text for courses in environmental affairs. The new edition continues this tradition with substantial new material covering the Obama administration and expanded coverage of current issues and controversies. The author is one of the pioneers and major scholars in the field of environmental policy and politics. Highly recommended. --David W Orr, Oberlin College
As with every edition, Tony Rosenbaum's Environmental Politics and Policy is the best single-author U.S. environmental policy text on the market. The narrative is always engaging, and each chapter offers fascinating insights in addition to necessary, up-to-date and fundamental information. Rosenbaum provides plenty of environmental data to support his conclusions, which makes the text even more attractive to interdisciplinary environmental science and studies students. --Daniel Press, University of California Santa Cruz
Environmental Politics and Policy has well organized, coherent chapters that work well to support lectures, and makes good use of case studies and examples that make the text easy for students to understand. Many of my students are environmental majors and have no background in political science or are political science majors with no environmental background; this book is accessible to both groups. I like the balance between the discussion of policy and specific environmental issues. --Shannon Orr, Bowling Green State University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description CQ Press College. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1604266074 US STUDENT EDITION - Free Tracking number with every purchase. Satisfaction guaranteed. Orders ship within 1-2 business days. (Hawaii,Alaska, Puerto Rico and APO's, allow additional time for delivery.). Bookseller Inventory # Z1604266074ZN
Book Description CQ Press College, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111604266074
Book Description CQ Press College. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1604266074 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0740707
Book Description CQ Press College, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 8th. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1604266074