This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Cutting-edge in its scope and approach, this unique volume offers first-person accounts of modern genocides to enable readers to more fully examine genocidal experiences and better understand the horror of such events.
· Examines 10 modern genocides that occurred between 1904 and 2004
· Conveys the story of each genocide through primary source documents that detail historical and contemporary contexts
· Addresses not only the reality of modern genocides but also the consequences and impact on individuals
· Challenges the readers to look more carefully into the historic details of the genocide under discussion, fostering critical thinking and research
· Enables students and other readers to empathize more directly with the reality of massive human rights violations
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The world's first conviction for the crime of genocide did not occur until 1998.About the Author:
Paul R. Bartrop, PhD, is professor of history and director of the Center for Judaic, Holocaust, and Genocide Studies at Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, FL.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2016. Paperback. Condition: New. PRINT ON DEMAND Book; New; Publication Year 2016; Not Signed; Fast Shipping from the UK. No. book. Seller Inventory # ria9781610693301_lsuk
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2014. Condition: New. This item is printed on demand for shipment within 3 working days. Seller Inventory # GM9781610693301
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2014. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111610693302
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2014. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1610693302