Mendelsohn, John and Donald S. Detwiler, Editors
Relief and Rescue of Jews from Nazi Oppression, 1943-1945
New York: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1982. xv, 242 pp. 8-1/2" x 11." Reprinted 2010 by The Lawbook Exchange, Ltd. ISBN-13: 9781616190149. Hardcover. New. $65.
* Volume 14, The Holocaust: Selected Documents in Eighteen Volumes. As the extermination of the Jews by the Nazis became known in the West, various groups attempted to relieve suffering and rescue Jews. These consisted primarily of a number of Jewish organizations and the War Refugee Board established by President Roosevelt in January 1944. Although the relief arrived too late for most and under the circumstances was not extensive, it aided thousands of Jews. The facsimiles reproduced in this volume pertain to the emigration of the owners of important industrial firms in Hungary in exchange for cession of their holdings to the SS, relief for the persecuted Jews of Transnistria in Rumania, activities of the War Refugee Board and the unsuccessful attempts by Jewish organizations to persuade the War Department to bomb the extermination facilities at Auschwitz and railroad centers leading there from Hungary. Contains 10 documents of source materials, carefully chosen from the thousands preserved at the U.S. National Archives. A detailed table of contents lists and provides the source for each document.
The volumes in the series are grouped topically:
PLANNING AND PREPARATION
1. Legalizing the Holocaust: The Early Phase, 1933-1939
2. Legalizing the Holocaust: The Later Phase, 1939-1943
3. The Crystal Night Pogrom
4. Propaganda and Aryanization, 1938-1944
5. Jewish Emigration from 1933 to the Evian Conference of 1938
6. Jewish Emigration 1938-1940: Rublee Negotiations and the Intergovernmental Committee
7. Jewish Emigration: The S.S. St. Louis Affair and Other Cases
THE KILLING OF THE JEWS
8. Deportation of the Jews to the East: Stettin, 1940, to Hungary, 1944
9. Medical Experiments on Jewish Inmates of Concentration Camps
10. The Einsatzgruppen or Murder Commandos
11. The Wannsee Protocol and a 1944 Report on Auschwitz by the Office of Strategic Services
12. The "Final Solution" in the Extermination Camps and the Aftermath
13. The Judicial System and the Jews in Nazi Germany
14. Relief and Rescue of Jews from Nazi Oppression, 1943-1945
15. Relief in Hungary and the Failure of the Joel Brand Mission
16. Rescue to Switzerland: The Musy and Saly Mayer Affairs
17. Punishing the Perpetrators of the Holocaust: The Brandt, Pohl, and Ohlendorf Cases
18. Punishing the Perpetrators of the Holocaust: The Ohlendorf and von Weizsaecker Cases
Also available as a complete set for $1,195.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description The Lawbook Exchange, Ltd., 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1616190140
Book Description The Lawbook Exchange, Ltd., 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111616190140