This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
July 2018 edition.
The thought of planning and completing a Pacific Crest Trail thru-hike can be overwhelming. There's so much to learn: how to resupply, what shoes or gear to buy, how to survive in the desert and snow, etc. "Yogi's Pacific Crest Trail Handbook" answers all these questions . . . and more.
This valuable planning and hiking resource is written by hikers for hikers. It takes the confusion out of pre-hike planning and on-trail logistics. It is a collection of different opinions from people who have thru-hiked the PCT. This is the stuff we wish we knew before we thru-hiked.
The first half is a collection of tips from previous PCT thru-hikers on a variety of hiking topics such as:
- Maps and Guidebooks
- Sleeping Systems
- Ultralight Hiking
- Desert Advice
- Sierra Advice
The second half is the Trail Tips and Town Guide. You'll find:
- How to get to and from each resupply location
- Town maps
- Maildrop info
- Town info: resupply, lodging, restaurants, ATM, internet, fuel, shower, etc.
- Historical water source information
- Where to go at confusing trail junctions
- Sierra-specific: tips for crossing the passes, bear box locations, canister-required areas, Sierra public bus info; detour info
- The best places to eat
- Hiker-friendly motels
- 13-time PCT thru-hiker Scott Williamson has contributed his comments regarding water availability and places few people know about.
"Yogi's Pacific Crest Trail Handbook" sets your dream in motion. The rest is up to you!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Yogi's Books, 2018. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1627490000