This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The Supplement contains the latest and most important developments under the Labor Act including the Noel Canning decision affecting recess appointments to the NLRB. In addition to late-breaking law the Supplement includes:
· the NLRB’s reinvigoration of rules to expedite representation elections
· the NLRB’s engagement with the managerial status of professional employees, in particular college and university faculty members
· the extension of the Act to scholarship athletes in private universities
· the individual waiver of the right to participate in group or class arbitrations―the D.H. Horton case and the role of the Norris-LaGuardia Act
· the UAW election at the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee and the claim that inflammatory appeals by third parties interfered with a fair election
· the most recent developments on employer social media monitoring
· more on company rules governing employee conduct, for example, requiring behavior in a “positive and professional manner” or forbidding the display of an "inappropriate attitude"
· the NLRB’s proposal to change standards for the Board’s deferral to arbitration decisions
· the Supreme Court’s decision not to decide the Mulhall case and what it may mean for neutrality agreements including the challenge to the UAW-VW agreement in Chattanooga
· more on judicial faithfulness to the teachings of the Steelworkers’ Trilogy
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Foundation Press, 2014. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1628100788
Book Description Foundation Press, 2014. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # MB011DBJDLG