This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Work Law is an exciting and intellectually stimulating practice area because it is of necessity in a constant state of flux, responding to labor market innovations. Flexibility in thinking is vital to this area of practice.
The third edition of WORK LAW: CASES AND MATERIALS incorporates new developments in a variety of areas.
· New materials on defining the boundaries of the employment relationship, including O Connor v. Davison interns as employees, and problems designed to encourage students to work through issues on what should count as work and who should be treated as workers for work law purposes (e.g., interns, prisoners, scholar-athletes, and cheerleaders for professional sports teams).
· Coverage of cases addressing the status of interns as employees covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act, including Glatt v. Fox Searchlight and Wang v. Hearst Corporation
· Expanded materials on the Dodd-Frank Act and Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower legislation and doctrinal developments, including Lawson v. FMR
· New materials on employee privacy, including Stengart v. Loving Care Agency and City of Ontario v. Quon and expanded materials on the Stored Communications Act
· Expanded coverage of legal issues surrounding employee voice, including the NLRBs social media cases (Hispanics United and Karl Knauz Motors)
· Coverage of the Supreme Court s cat s paw case, Straub v. Proctor Hospital
· The new pattern or practice case on discrimination from the Supreme Court,Wal-Mart Stores v. Dukes
· Expanded coverage of the Amendments to the ADA, including Weaving v. City of Hillsboro
· Updated and expanded materials on overtime pay eligibility under the Fair Labor Standards Act, including Christopher v. SmithKline Beecham Corporation
· Updated materials on occupational safety and health, including SeaWorld v. Perez
· Updated materials on arbitration of employment disputes, including cases applying the Courts treatment of pre-dispute waivers of class claim
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description LexisNexis (edition Third). Hardcover. Condition: New. Third. Brand new item, never opened! Ship within 24hrs. APO/FPO addresses supported. Seller Inventory # 1632815389-9-1
Book Description LexisNexis, 2015. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1632815389
Book Description LexisNexis, 2015. Hardcover. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB1632815389
Book Description LexisNexis, 2015. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111632815389
Book Description LexisNexis, 2015. Hardcover. Condition: New. Third. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 1632815389n
Book Description LexisNexis, 2015. Hardcover. Condition: New. NEW TEXTBOOK-SHIPS WITH EMAILED TRACKING. Seller Inventory # Sep18-9781632815385