Feel the frenzy of the tribal drums at a Highlands singsing, follow in the footsteps of history on the challenging Kokoda Track, take a slow boat down the mighty Sepik River or dive into a spectacular underwater realm. Let the best and only guide to Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands take you on an unforgettable journey.
Watch Wildlife – expert naturalist and bestselling author Tim Flannery gives the lowdown on a wondrous environment where kangaroos climb in the treetops and luminous mushrooms light up the night forest
Enrich Your Experience – a comprehensive Culture chapter connects you with diverse and fascinating communities
Rest Easy – all the best places to bed down, from world-class resort hotels to humble village houses
Be Inspired – new highlights, itineraries and planning sections help you dream it up and make it happen
Get Around – user-friendly maps take you from highlands to islands and everywhere in between
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
*We update our guidebooks by visiting thousands of places in person to get the details right and tell it as it is.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
Nobody covers the world like Lonely Planet.' --New York Post, May 2004
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111740592077
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1740592077
Book Description Lonely Planet. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1740592077 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1678705
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 7th edition. 272 pages. 8.00x5.25x0.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 1740592077