This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Blink as you emerge from the cliffs at the top of one of Bamiyan's enormous Buddha niches.
Stop pedalling for a moment and drift in your swan-shaped pedalo on the waters of Band-e Amir.
Utter a great smoking sigh of contentment as you puff on a sheesha at Mirwais Shandaiz.
In This Guide:
Chapters on working and safety in Afghanistan, with advice from resident expats.
Specialist contributors write on journalism, women, and trekking in the Wakhan and the Afghan Pamir.
Lonely Planet founder Tony Wheeler reflects on travel to Afghanistan over the decades.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
"This is not the typical guidebook for the typical tourist; it is meant for... armchair travelers and the few independent ones who are up for the challenge." --New York Times, August 26, 2007
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX1740596420
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111740596420
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1740596420