Catch the sunrise from the Caribbean's highest peak, dance in Spanish colonial streets during Carnival, glide through mangrove forests in search of gentle manatees - or find that deserted beach with pure white sand and clear blue seas. This essential guide will help you discover the many faces of this island paradise.
Get Active with our comprehensive coverage of the island's adventure sports, from hiking up Pico Duarte to world-class kiteboarding at Cabarete.
Live Like A Local - discerning eating and entertainment listings show you where to get the best pastelito and catch the latest baseball game.
Relax & Recharge in the best all-inclusive resorts or away from the crowds in a bungalow on the beach.
Plan The Perfect Getaway with dedicated itineraries, including beach-hopping, national parks and the highlights of Santo Domingo.
¡HABLA ESPANOL! with the help of our practical Spanish language chapter.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet 2005-10-01, 2005. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1740597044 BRAND NEW. A portion of your purchase of this book will be donated to non-profit organizations. Over 1,000,000 satisfied customers since 1997! We ship daily M-F. Choose expedited shipping (if available) for much faster delivery. Delivery confirmation on all US orders. Bookseller Inventory # Z1740597044ZN
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 1740597044BNA
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97817405970431.0
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1740597044
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111740597044
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-099-44-0105710
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 3rd edition. 308 pages. 7.50x5.25x0.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk1740597044