This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
If you think Switzerland is all chocolate confectionary, picture-perfect Alpine countryside, yodelling and cuckoo clocks, then think again. The winter playground of St Moritz, outrageous clubbing in Zurich, culture vultures in Basel, cosmopolitan Geneva – Switzerland is three countries rolled into one. Our Helvetic experts help you break down the clichés and discover something a little bit different.
Get Active – whether you’re after cycling, hot-air ballooning, thermal baths or zorbing, explore outdoor activities for the wild at heart.
Know It All – William Tell and neutrality, global warming and cultural diversity: historical and current issues explored in depth.
Let Us Entertain You – from Lucerne’s Fasnacht celebrations to Montreux Jazz in July and partying in the Zuri-West, our listings help you make the most of your time.
Sleep Easy – hand-picked accommodation options from hillside hideaways and cow barns to city-slick hotels and regal residences.
Loosen Your Tongue – with four languages to choose from, we explain your Gruezis from your Allegras.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
...these smart and exhaustively researched guides have become the gold standard for serious, independent travelers.' --San Francisco Chronicle
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 1740597621 Ships promptly from Texas. Seller Inventory # Z1740597621ZN
Book Description Condition: New. Switzerland (Lonely Planet). Seller Inventory # BBS-9781740597623
Book Description Paperback. Condition: NEW. Unread, very minor shelf wear. Seller Inventory # HBS-00170170-B
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2006. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1740597621
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111740597621
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-1740597621
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. 5th. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 1740597621n