This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
South Africa is the most popular kid on the block in Africa and it’s easy to see why. The southern end of Africa teems with adventure: hike, bike and fly amid craggy peaks and open plains, catch a tantalising glimpse of streakily painted zebras in the savanna, encounter the vibrant cultures of San, Khoikhoi, Zulu and Xhosa. And when you’re ready for the high life, tour the vineyards or live it up in cities bursting with food, wine and culture.
Tickle Your Tastebuds – take our insider tips for the best restaurants, wineries, cafés and bars.
Unravel The Past – in-depth coverage of the region’s eventful history.
Get Active – handpicked listings so you know where to surf, dive, horse ride, sail, bike, hike and fly.
Be The Expert – know your impala from your steenbok with our wildlife special section.
Travel Safely – we keep you worded up on the scams, health issues and no-go areas.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
Nobody covers the world like Lonely Planet.' --New York Post, May 2004
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2006. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1740599705
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2006. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111740599705