Havana is a cultural powerhouse. A delightful and at times wicked set of contradictions, she is proud and boastful, unabashed and raw. Unlock the doors to the city - the Havana of delectable mojitos and proud intellectualism, of salsa and Santeria - with this comprehensive guide: cruise through Havana Vieja ona tailored walking tour, find romance along the Malecon, or simply puff knowingly on your Cohiba as you marvel at this cosmopolitan city on the verge of international stardom.
Discover Havana - dedicated Arts, Music and Architecture chapters reveal the culture, history, spirit and pathos of this Caribbean dynamo.
Find Yourself - detailed full-color maps guide you through Havana Vieja's narrow streets to her revolutionary monuments and neighboring beaches.
When Night Falls - immerse yourself in Havana's mambo rhythms or find that perfect hostel with expanded sleeping, eating and entertainment listings.
Under The Skin - comprehensive language and cultural coverage, and candid local interviews take you beyond the tourist trail.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
Lonely Planet guides are a must-pack” --Toronto Star, February 2006
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111741040698
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1741040698