Scotland contains some of Britain's finest wilderness, from rushing rivers to the surging seas. Take to the wilds or follow in the footsteps of legend as you make your way across an exhilarating range of landscapes. There are highlands to hike and islands to explore, with castles, cottages, and friendly pubs. Whether you want to climb Bens or wander through glens, ancient Scotland is a land of adventure for every walker.
-66 detailed trail descriptions for walkers of all levels.
-Coasts, Climbs, and Canals color section outlining the variety of Scottish walking.
-Two-color contour maps for all featured walks.
-Essential accomodation and transport information.
-Expert advice on equipment, health, and environmentally responsible walking.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
...these smart and exhaustively researched guides have become the gold standard for serious, independent travelers.' --San Francisco Chronicle
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 2nd edition. 348 pages. 7.75x5.00x0.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk1741042038
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1741042038
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P111741042038
Book Description Lonely Planet. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1741042038 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0824398
Book Description Lonely Planet. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1741042038 New. Looks like an interesting title, learn more! We provide domestic tracking upon request. We provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Bookseller Inventory # S-1741042038