Gaze at the gargoyles and ponder Quasimodo’s fate as you laze in the park behind Notre Dame.
Fly off-piste down glaciers near Chamonix on the notorious Vallée Blanche descent.
Get lost in secret passageways beneath Lyon and discover why silk weavers toiled to build them.
Spit a mouthful of Burgundy without causing offence at Beaune’s École des Vins de Bourgogne.
In This Guide:
Six authors, 23 combined years living in France, 196 days of in-country research, 184 maps.
You asked for it, we researched it – more value accommodation in this edition Belle Île Romance, Marseille short-break, Tour de France trail – take inspiration from our itineraries and explore France your own way.
Content updated daily: visit lonelyplanet.com for up-to-the-minute reviews and traveler suggestions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
Nobody covers the world like Lonely Planet.' --New York Post, May 2004
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P11174104233X
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 174104233X