Get up early to explore the kaleidoscope of colors and incense-clouded chaos of the Chichicastenango market.
Worship the sun - just like the ancients did - atop Tikal's towering Mayan pyramids.
Pay reverence to a cigar-smoking, rum-swigging saint in the traditional village of Santiago Atitlan.
Learn to roll your RRRRRRs like a local in the world-famous language schools of Antigua.
In This Guide:
Resident author brings you to the seldom-visited towns of the highlands, lowlands, rivers and coasts - 55 detailed maps will keep you on track.
Specialist-written Ancient Mayan Culture chapter explores the myths and mystery of this enigmatic people.
And - since you asked for it - we've incorporated more cultural coverage than any other guidebook.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
For sheer global reach and dogged research, attention must be paid to Lonely Planet...' --Los Angeles Times, February 2, 2003
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 3rd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1741044723
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111741044723
Book Description Lonely Planet. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1741044723 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1678929