Abandon the beach towel and plunge into snorkeling heaven in a coral crater.
Soothe your sunburn with a chilling masterpiece from the Island's shave ice gurus.
Feel the heat of Hawaii's continual rebirth amidst the lava of Earth's most active volcano.
Experience genuine aloha 'aina atop the world's tallest sea cliffs.
In This Guide:
Six authors, 5328 miles driven, 148 beaches combed, 106 detailed maps.
All-new color sections showcase Hawaii's highlights, outdoor activities and local people.
Expansive surfing coverage and all major islands' top spots revealed by a Surfer magazine editor.
You asked for it, we researched it: more listings for outfitters, tours and sustainable travel experiences.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
...Lonely Planet, the intrepid traveler's bible...' --Los Angeles Times, April 2005
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111741045770
Book Description Lonely Planet, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1741045770