Use the skills and experience you have gained in the workplace to move on to the next stage of your working life-as a consultant, contractor or freelancer.
Self-employment as a service provider can give you the opportunity to work on your own terms, in your preferred location and to enjoy a lifestyle that is healthier, more relaxed and satisfying.
This practical book takes you through the steps to:
* Realise your vision of successful self-employment in a viable consultancy, freelancing or contracting business.
* Position yourself in the market place so that you will be recognised as a consultant, contractor or freelancer.
* Discover the various marketing approaches you can use and which best suit your own style.
* Develop a business plan which is realistic and effective, based on successful real examples.
* Learn how to price your work, know what others are charging and how to negotiate with clients so that the focus is more on your work than on your fee.
* Decide which of the various business structures-sole trader, partnership or incorporation-is best for you.
* Be aware of the pitfalls of solo practice so you can avoid them.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Ian Benjamin is Australia's leading trainer of independent professional service advisers. He developed the "How to be a Successful Consultant" program in 1991 and over 5000 intending and practising consultants have since attended his presentations.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Allen & Unwin, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 2nd revised ed edition. 272 pages. 8.19x5.51x0.87 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk1741752973
Book Description Allen & Unwin Pty LTD, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111741752973